Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Slight noise when driving slow every time tire rotates

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

06-30-2015, 03:07 PM   #1
elite.
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93

Slight noise when driving slow every time tire rotates

I recently did brakes. All 4 corners. Akeobono pads with Zimmerman rotors. Seems to be a nice combo. I just had the top down the other day and noticed a slight what seems to be binding noise as the tire rotates. It happens while in the brake and off. Thought it was the pad rubbing or something but its the same either way. It's almost like a low/flat tire but I got 35lbs so its not that. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 03:57 PM   #2
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
Could be the dust shield rubbing on the back of the rotor...
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 03:59 PM   #3
elite.
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks Phil. Got similar response from another bmw friend. I'll pull the wheel and check tonight. Thanks! Hopefully the rotor isn't damaged.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2015, 10:09 AM   #4
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

This is pretty common and just happened to me about a month ago.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2015, 10:19 AM   #5
elite.
First Lieutenant
Rep

So Gary.....is it normal.....do I just drive through it?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 08:10 AM   #6
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Try to get under there and bend it back, or simply take the car back to the brake shop and have them do it.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 10:38 PM   #7
aw42104
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Hey there! I had the same exact thing on the left front right after the dealer installed new Conti's. After about 10k miles i noticed it getting worse and took it back and it was determined the wheel bearing was bad. With the new hub, it is silent. Car had 31k miles on it when it started.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 07:02 AM   #8
elite.
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the reply. I happen to be replacing rear tires now so I'll know shortly whatbthe deal is. Ill have eliminated brakes cause they are new and tires as well. We shall see. If its just the beginning stages I'll hold off and replace next season, its not horrible, slightly noticable.
Appreciate 0