E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Need help diagnosing engine - No Codes Thrown & Extremely Sluggish - Logs Attached

08-27-2014, 04:38 PM   #1
alien2936
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

Need help diagnosing engine - No Codes Thrown & Extremely Sluggish - Logs Attached

Hey guys - I have been scratching my head on this one for a while and thought I would reach out to the forum for suggestions.

Car: 2007 e90 335xi

Installed mods: JB4 G5 ISO (map 7), chargepipe with BOV, dci, inline lpfp.

ECU: Flashed with ***********'s race flash (e85, meth friendly)

Gas: ~100octane, ~E60 mix (e85 with 93 octane).

Symptoms: Oil leaking around engine bay - top of plastic and hot side (I'll be replacing the valve cover gasket and oil filter housing gasket soon when I do the next oil change...just started med school so basically this will take a decent weekend to tackle).

Car in general feels VERY sluggish. Engine sounds like it's working it's ass off, but not gaining any real power. I can definitely tell the engine is making a different sound when getting on it a bit (higher pitched and not efficient...like it's not using all it's potential). I've been babying it other than the pulls for these logs...worried it's something very serious with the engine.

I plan on reflashing the stock tune back, removing all the mods and dropping it off at the dealer soon. It's a bit of a pain though and I'm going in blind - does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

The car ran like an absolute BEAST before a cross-country trip from California to the midwest (regularly targeting 17psi without issue). Somewhere on the drive, things fell apart....help!!

I appreciate any thoughts you might have. I know it's a pain in the ass to look at logs, but any help on here would mean a lot.

Thank you in advance.

**UPDATES**

* One code: 2C7E Lambda probe behind catalytic converter, trimming control
* Checked vacuum lines and pressure to each turbo is 20 - so that's good.
* Checked chargepipe - no cracks and everything is sealed tight.

* I of course have the wastegate rattle like everyone else - didn't affect performance before though...
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip Logs.zip (158.2 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by alien2936; 08-27-2014 at 09:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 05:06 PM   #2
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Do an intake valve cleaning (scrubbing) and it walnut blast.
Appreciate 0