E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Keyless Entry range very low. E91

01-24-2018, 02:42 PM   #1
urboyfreakyty
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi Wagon (E91)

Keyless Entry range very low. E91

Hey all, I seem to be having a problem with my keyless entry. About 2 weeks ago I started noticing that the keyless entry would only work when I was standing right next to the car (like less than a foot away from the sides). Although the range on it was not good to begin with it still was never this bad. Now at first I thought it was because the remote battery was dying so I went and got the other remote that I had which had a battery installed a few years ago and that one also doesn't work unless I'm standing right next to the vehicle. After doing some research online I have found that a few people are having trouble with the diversity antenna that is in the spoiler for the e91. Does anyone else have experience with this? Does anyone have a wiring diagram for that diversity antenna so I can check the wiring? Thanks.

The vehicle is a 2007 E91 Wagon without comfort access and according to the info I found it's with the 315mhz diversity antenna.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 09:39 AM   #2
slupie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 328iT, Montego Blau

Diversity antenna still needs to work for the keyless entry weather you have CA or not.

Everything you need to know is in this post

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1454392
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 10:01 AM   #3
urboyfreakyty
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi Wagon (E91)

Thanks Bud. Because I wasn't having radio reception issues (mainly b/c I never use radio) I never thought of searching for that.
Appreciate 0