E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > PROcede V2 on the BMW diagnostic service computer

10-11-2007, 01:02 PM   #23
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

see and that is my worry i don't want codes faults probs....i don't understand how a company can come out with a $1500 tune that works sometimes and puts out codes it seems like crazy...i want a procede sooo bad but i won't buy one till these issues get fixed...i would have thought a year later and shiv banking so much from these and being back ordered up the ass they would have solved these codes from coming up repeatedly...i don't wanna own a tune that costs 1500 and sends codes to my comp every couple days or have any limp code pop up...i just don't get why it has taken sooo long. shiv has the benefit off people's impatience right now!!! throwing codes is totally unacceptable esp for 1500 and a product that has been in development for a year with test cars for every version and and tons of feedback on this and other forums...so what gives why all the codes? why can't they be fixed? oh and i have a nice relationship with my dealer too they said procede sounds great...they wouldn't void the engine but i know some dealers that would
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 01:15 PM   #24
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP LCI II

The sensors on BMW cars are very sensitive. Even with bad gas, you throw all sort of codes on stock form. Even on stock form, you get weird codes thrown sometimes. With the procede, it may or may not throw the codes. But i dont see it being a very big problem unless it goes to limp or stalls. I am sure vishnu will update the maps to circumvent around those fail safe parameters. Its all abt time. At least the performance of V2 is up there now. if really such errors are of critical nature, you sure as hell wont be able to drive it and it would induce a limp. There is not one but a few checks before the engine finally induces a limp to protect the engine from malfunction so unless you are getting that, i'd say you are far from fucking up the N54.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 01:20 PM   #25
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
The sensors on BMW cars are very sensitive. Even with bad gas, you throw all sort of codes on stock form. Even on stock form, you get weird codes thrown sometimes. With the procede, it may or may not throw the codes. But i dont see it being a very big problem unless it goes to limp or stalls. I am sure vishnu will update the maps to circumvent around those fail safe parameters. Its all abt time. At least the performance of V2 is up there now. if really such errors are of critical nature, you sure as hell wont be able to drive it and it would induce a limp. There is not one but a few checks before the engine finally induces a limp to protect the engine from malfunction so unless you are getting that, i'd say you are far from fucking up the N54.
+100
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 01:31 PM   #26
DrDomer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci ZHP, 1999 Miata

I guess we're all just getting a little dose of reality here. All along we keep saying you have to pay to play, but then assume we'll never have to worry as the Procede is transparent. That sounds like it is true, unless of course, there are errors being induced. Unfortunately, they are errors that seem less likely on a stock car. We're also seeing some speculation about the reliability of our cars (AT's primarily) with the huge torque loads. (BTW, what ever was that with sflgator's car?) It hasn't stopped me from ordering 2.0.1-.5@4^7 (blah, blah, blah), but I think this has all opened my eyes a little. Thanks Eugen.
      10-12-2007, 03:31 PM   #27
Panoz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey 335i ,Aero Kit

Nice post.

Procede V4 , Catless DPs, Forge FMIC, Injen Intake, VK Oilcooler, Hartge Quads Exhaust, Modded CDV, Synapse BOV Kit, BMW Performance 335i SSK Kit, P3 vent boost gauge

Space Grey 335i -> See more pics HERE
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 03:57 PM   #28
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDomer View Post
I guess we're all just getting a little dose of reality here. All along we keep saying you have to pay to play, but then assume we'll never have to worry as the Procede is transparent. That sounds like it is true, unless of course, there are errors being induced. Unfortunately, they are errors that seem less likely on a stock car. We're also seeing some speculation about the reliability of our cars (AT's primarily) with the huge torque loads. (BTW, what ever was that with sflgator's car?) It hasn't stopped me from ordering 2.0.1-.5@4^7 (blah, blah, blah), but I think this has all opened my eyes a little. Thanks Eugen.
...learning, not blind faith, is that what this forum is supposed to be about..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2007, 01:08 AM   #29
techkeith
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, MT, Sport, Priem,

Quote:
Not to rain on every ones parade again but its not transparent like everyone thinks, there are codes in there that tech cant even see but they can be delete by clearing adaptations, but it doesn’t matter anyway bc they don’t have a time and date stamp so if it ever went to court it would be thrown out for so many reasons, but if you go into the dealership with it installed you could be shooting yourself in the foot on that one.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2007, 02:13 AM   #30
6Zylinder
appreciate your car
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i built 07/06

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.n335 View Post
There is a limited buffer for all the events. At least the last 3 occurances of every event type are stored. Keying on/off the car will not help. The events are stored until they are deleted or the FIFO ( first in - first out ) logic kicks them out.

- Eugen
I can't erase the codes with the creader?

The Ultimate Driving Machine...
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2007, 02:17 AM   #31
jon@themshop
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Zylinder View Post
I can't erase the codes with the creader?
C-Reader tool can't clear limp mode faults.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2007, 07:34 AM   #32
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
see and that is my worry i don't want codes faults probs....i don't understand how a company can come out with a $1500 tune that works sometimes and puts out codes it seems like crazy...i want a procede sooo bad but i won't buy one till these issues get fixed...i would have thought a year later and shiv banking so much from these and being back ordered up the ass they would have solved these codes from coming up repeatedly...i don't wanna own a tune that costs 1500 and sends codes to my comp every couple days or have any limp code pop up...i just don't get why it has taken sooo long. shiv has the benefit off people's impatience right now!!! throwing codes is totally unacceptable esp for 1500 and a product that has been in development for a year with test cars for every version and and tons of feedback on this and other forums...so what gives why all the codes? why can't they be fixed? oh and i have a nice relationship with my dealer too they said procede sounds great...they wouldn't void the engine but i know some dealers that would

... the wall speaks..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2007, 10:16 PM   #33
335i black/red
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Da Twin Turbo Coupe

Quote:
What happened w sflgator's car?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 12:43 AM   #34
6Zylinder
appreciate your car
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i built 07/06

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon@themshop View Post
C-Reader tool can't clear limp mode faults.
Thanks for the info.

The Ultimate Driving Machine...
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 08:07 AM   #35
Vinobien
The 3 Day Diet!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray e92, 88 911 Cab

Garage List
Why are you the only guy that signs your name following your posts.
Sincerely, Buttface

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.n335 View Post
Hi guys,

As announced I have been at my dealership today.

I have a PROcede V2 in the car and am the guy who had a limp mode with V2 map 2.0.0 hitting the speed limiter.

The error has been:

30FE - turbo pressure too high ( @ 6208rpm )

Now, we had another issue with the PROcede V2 on newer cars, the expected switched power fuse was not there. I investigated in this last weekend and found a solution.

Thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88087

Since I hooked up the PROcede V2 to this power source, the 2DED powermanagement warning disappeared as well. Of course, I had this error stored from the 2 days when the PROcede was hooked up to the 50 AMP fuse directly, but there were no entries since the PROcede V2 is hooked up to the new switched power source described in the thread.

I don't know whether Shiv is using this source with his new jumper cable, but if he does we will see no more power drain warnings as well.

BTW, I did a lot of PROcede V2 testing since the one week I have it in the car. The reported issue has been the only one on my side. The car feels great and very strong. Since others had no problems with map V2.0.1 as well, it would be great if Shiv could make different V2.0.1 maps for MT and AT cars again.

Enjoy your great PROcede V2 product ! I hope Shiv will ship out a bunch of V2 upgrades soon.

In other words, PROcede V2 is 100% invisible to the BMW service computer when you have no limp mode .

Cheers
Eugen

1988 Porsche 911 Cab, 47k, SW chip, cat pipe, M&K exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2007, 03:20 PM   #36
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinobien View Post
Why are you the only guy that signs your name following your posts.
Sincerely, Buttface

What...?

lol....

-Garrett
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 10:11 AM   #37
maximka
Captain
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: bmw 335 xi

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
2007 bmw x5 4.8i  [0.00]
nice post

Bmw X5 (2007) 4.8i. Black , Black interior, sport pkg Logic 7. full
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 10:14 AM   #38
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90M5

interesting

havent seen this before
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 10:33 AM   #39
PresaMat
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 67 GT500,69 Boss 429, 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter399 View Post
interesting

havent seen this before
This is old... been resolved.

Tuned E92 335, Riss Racing downpipes! And hopefully over 400RWHP!!
Appreciate 0