E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Picking new car up tomorrow!

04-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #45
jvowles
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330D MSport E92

Looks great mate - congrats.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #46
rsmallwo
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i

and the question on everyones lips....

Do his angel eye led bulbs work on a pre facelift E92!!!!

I think for the sake of your fellow forum members you should start taking your brand new car apart imediately so we can see what they look like.

Ok, maybe not

Car looks great, not a massive change on the prefacelift but its such a great looking car to start with, why mess about!

If you did have a few mins and you could take your led angel bulbs out and take a piccy or too that would make a few of us forum members grateful.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2010, 07:05 PM   #47
ciomas
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: M4

beautiful! congrats and happy birthday!

..just signed my 335 order on thursday, should be ready on june 30
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #48
a1reader
Evolve tuned...
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmallwo View Post
and the question on everyones lips....

Do his angel eye led bulbs work on a pre facelift E92!!!!

I think for the sake of your fellow forum members you should start taking your brand new car apart imediately so we can see what they look like.

Ok, maybe not

Car looks great, not a massive change on the prefacelift but its such a great looking car to start with, why mess about!

If you did have a few mins and you could take your led angel bulbs out and take a piccy or too that would make a few of us forum members grateful.
Having had a brief look at an LCI E92 at my local dealer, it seems that the reason the new corona rings are so bright is because there are LEDs in the rings themselves as opposed to an H8 LED bulb. If that is indeed the case, then there will be no way of fitting this to our current cars. For all our sakes, I hope I am wrong.

Last edited by a1reader; 04-04-2010 at 05:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2010, 04:23 AM   #49
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1reader View Post
Having had a brief look at an LCI E92 at my local dealer, it seems that the reason the new corona rings are so bright is because there are LEDs in the rings themselves as opposed to an H8 LED bulb. If that is indeed the case, then there will be no way of fitting this to our current cars. For sll our sakes, I hope I am wrong.

?? not sure why you think LED's could not be retro-fitted?

Myself, along with lots of others have already replaced the yellow H8 bulbs with nice white LED's - the only problem is that they cause interference to the FM radio in the car. I have fitted some small inductors around the cables to the LED's which has partially stopped the radio interference but not 100% - we were hoping that Anneka from Sytner could organise a tech to actually try this swap-out (ieop the LED fitments from an LCi E92 and fit them to a non LCi model car), but this has not happened yet

We could then put some pressure onto BMW to provide an order code for these LCi LED's and fit them ourselves. A US member has already fitted the LCi tail lights onto his non LCi 335i so am pretty sure this front LED mod must be possible
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2010, 05:04 AM   #50
rsmallwo
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-FAST View Post

Myself, along with lots of others have already replaced the yellow H8 bulbs with nice white LED's - the only problem is that they cause interference to the FM radio in the car. I have fitted some small inductors around the cables to the LED's which has partially stopped the radio interference but not 100% - we were hoping that Anneka from Sytner could organise a tech to actually try this swap-out (ieop the LED fitments from an LCi E92 and fit them to a non LCi model car), but this has not happened yet

We could then put some pressure onto BMW to provide an order code for these LCi LED's and fit them ourselves. A US member has already fitted the LCi tail lights onto his non LCi 335i so am pretty sure this front LED mod must be possible

Which LED bulbs do you currently have? I tried the cheap ones on ebay but got radio interference too much. Was thinking of "mds lux h8" if these lci ones are expensive to retro fit.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2010, 05:27 AM   #51
a1reader
Evolve tuned...
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-FAST View Post

I have the LED H8s myself and thankfully, I have no problems with interference. What I was trying to say in my post is that the LEDs in the LCI headlight are not in a bulb that you can swap, they are within the substance of the corona rings themselves with the wiring integrated in the headlight assembly. So even if you could order them as a separate part, integrating them into the current light cluster will not be simple if at all possible. Of course I could be wrong but thats what it looked like.
Appreciate 0