E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Fs: Rims & Headlights

08-24-2012, 12:01 AM   #1
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

FS: Halogen Headlights

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pts/3225857579.html

If any e90 Post brethren would like them $50 bucks off my asking just need to get rid of them. I live in Graham and work starting at 1pm daily in South Tacoma so anywhere between there and after 11am will be fine.

253-861-3583

Thanks Taran

Last edited by Taran.J; 08-26-2012 at 01:41 AM.. Reason: Sold rims
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep

Sale on rims is pending...Still have headlights!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #3
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep

Rims sold.

Headlights still for sale! In Tacoma for pick up tonight!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
atown88
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

No offense, but i'm surprised anyone bought those rims. You should let us experiment on your headlights!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 05:59 PM   #5
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep

Trust me bro first thing I did when I got the car was swap those hideous things off. I don't mind helping a fellow modder, their in my trunk and I'm at work in south Tacoma till 9pm come through and pick them up!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #6
atown88
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J View Post
Trust me bro first thing I did when I got the car was swap those hideous things off. I don't mind helping a fellow modder, their in my trunk and I'm at work in south Tacoma till 9pm come through and pick them up!
lol ok. Wasn't sure if you chromed those things out or not. If no one buys those headlights, you should try baking them. A ton of us want to bake open our headlights but are too scared to try it on our own. lol If one of us can successfully do it, the possibilities would be endless! LED angels, painted reflectors...
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #7
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep

I'm not so fond of chrome, it gets changed to black or color matched within a week the cars in my hands. I want to try a DIY of one heat gun and the other baking, this way if your wife's or mothers won't let you "ruin" their kitchens we can stay in our garages and do it with a heat gun. I've baked my Mercedes ML's headlights open no problem so these shouldn't be much different but you lot will be informed first or on my YouTube page.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #8
atown88
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm not so fond of chrome, it gets changed to black or color matched within a week the cars in my hands. I want to try a DIY of one heat gun and the other baking, this way if your wife's or mothers won't let you "ruin" their kitchens we can stay in our garages and do it with a heat gun. I've baked my Mercedes ML's headlights open no problem so these shouldn't be much different but you lot will be informed first or on my YouTube page.
Oh you've done before?! hmmm Is it as easy as heat gun, separate, and then adhesive back on?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #9
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep

Never used heat gun but baked at 250 degrees for 10 mins, removed all bulbs and harness as I could, put on a cookie tray just in case they melt and 10 later I put a flat head screw driver to them and they came off with a little force. Main thing is to wear long sleeves and oven mitts cuz you have to do it when the glue is warm and pliable.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #10
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

A post i read in the Cosmetics and Lighting section said bake 130 degrees for 20 minutes then go around with a heat gun, with a suction cup attached to the lens, and finish the separation. i vote for a DIY video!

I ended up just cutting the face off my LCI Halogens, blacked them out, and just glued them back together... i have multiple videos to put together a DIY, just need to sit down and edit it before i post it.

Btw, the best suction cup to use in this sense is to get one from Lovers (yeah, the sex store)... these things can hold up a 200lb person, they can sure as hell pry apart a headlight! ^__^
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #11
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0OS3
A post i read in the Cosmetics and Lighting section said bake 130 degrees for 20 minutes then go around with a heat gun, with a suction cup attached to the lens, and finish the separation. i vote for a DIY video!

I ended up just cutting the face off my LCI Halogens, blacked them out, and just glued them back together... i have multiple videos to put together a DIY, just need to sit down and edit it before i post it.

Btw, the best suction cup to use in this sense is to get one from Lovers (yeah, the sex store)... these things can hold up a 200lb person, they can sure as hell pry apart a headlight! ^__^
Killed it N0OS3 haha. But seriously someone buy them from me this week, or I'm making a video of me either ruining them or making a mess opening them with satisfactory results lol
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 12:43 AM   #12
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Killed it N0OS3 haha. But seriously someone buy them from me this week, or I'm making a video of me either ruining them or making a mess opening them with satisfactory results lol
lol not that i'm (or my woman) 200lbs, that's just what the box says. haha.

Anyway though, i think the inputs above were implying that a few of us get together and all have a go at pulling them apart so that we all know the procedure involved with it.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 02:05 AM   #13
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep

I don't mind, I own businesses in South Tacoma so I'm occupied everyday throughout the evening there so, if you lot want they're still in the boot of the car and have at it. It only helps us all further educate us.
Appreciate 0