E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Virginia Beach? Worth moving to?

05-08-2015, 08:22 AM   #23
Pig_in_Soup
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedza View Post
+1 Charleston
Yeah, Charleston is a much better choice. As I started reading the thread my first thought was, "If you want to stay on the coast you should keep going a bit further south." I've always heard you get raped by the taxes in Virginia...but you probably get raped by the taxes in Mass. as well.

Savannah is also a nice town. It's got a lot of history and and a low cost of living...but then so does Charleston. The cost of living anywhere in the South will be so much lower than you're used to regardless.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 10:05 AM   #24
PSUSMU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S

Ability to live anywhere? Charleston is nice, but the south sucks IMO. The humidity during the summer is awful. I remember doing a walking ghost tour in Charleston and leaving half way through, because it was like 95* and 110% humidity even at night.
Why not go somewhere awesome, and just take a flight back to Beantown to visit family? Charleston to Boston is not an easy/nice drive. You'll be passing through DC/Philly/NYC traffic on 95.