E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > 2006 330i carly compatibility

02-22-2017, 08:03 AM   #1
jericho_17
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Unhappy 2006 330i carly compatibility

Hi - First let me do a quick introduction, I recently bought a 2006 330i with the sport package had it for about 5 months and I'm really happy with the car.

So recently I bought a carly adapter to make the battery registration procedure because in my third world country even the dealer doesn't have a clue of the battery registration procedure. The problem is that I cannot connect my car to the carly, it says BT connection OK but then it never verify the connection.

Does someone has the same car that me that can help to connect to the carly.

My 2006 330i has built date 08/05. The adapter that I got according to the carly website is the BT GEN 2 (i'm using android on a Galaxy s6 Edge).

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 05:42 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

They used to say you needed a cable with the older models
on the Carly site.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 10:03 AM   #3
jericho_17
Private
Rep

Yes i read that somewhere in the forum but I let the carly website to fool me about buying the BT gen 2 because I entered my model and it said that was the one i need.

BTW carlys tech support is incredibly bad.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 01:06 AM   #4
schwing
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 SGM 330i

Try closing Carly app, restarting your android device and delete/pair BT Gen2 again. Then try running Carly connection to car. Might have to do these steps several times until connection to BT Gen2 and your car work.
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2017, 02:08 PM   #5
jericho_17
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwing View Post
Try closing Carly app, restarting your android device and delete/pair BT Gen2 again. Then try running Carly connection to car. Might have to do these steps several times until connection to BT Gen2 and your car work.
Thanks for the responses. I tried your procedure with no luck. I'm able to pair with the phone even when i click in connect in the carly it says bt connection ok but it stay forever saying "Please wait until connection is verified,...." When i get to this step the orange led turns on and stays on (the red one is on since i connect the carly) so then it stays with those two leds on.

I also have an elm327 with the torque app and that works fine.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 07:49 AM   #6
lab_rat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is (#5 of 586)

I read somewhere that if you have your wi-fi on, it "confuses" iCarly's ability to communicate with the Bluetooth module...so if you have your wi-fi on, try turning it off, re-initialize the Bluetooth "handshake" between your phone and the iCarly adapter, and see if that works.

Let us know if that helps!
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2017, 07:54 AM   #7
jericho_17
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lab_rat View Post
I read somewhere that if you have your wi-fi on, it "confuses" iCarly's ability to communicate with the Bluetooth module...so if you have your wi-fi on, try turning it off, re-initialize the Bluetooth "handshake" between your phone and the iCarly adapter, and see if that works.

Yesterday at night I tried that way, reset the phone, turned wifi off, airplane mode, pair the carly again and obtained the same behavior from the adapter. The red light always on, the it says BT connection, in about 1 minute the orange led turns on and stays on and then it stays forerever saying ""Please wait until connection is verified,...."
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 08:30 AM   #8
Digitalize
Photographer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D

Can't help other than saying I'm using Carly fine with their WiFi Adaptor and an iPhone on my 2006 car.

Have you tried emailing them? I think they're pretty responsive.
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2017, 08:51 AM   #9
jericho_17
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalize View Post
Can't help other than saying I'm using Carly fine with their WiFi Adaptor and an iPhone on my 2006 car.

Have you tried emailing them? I think they're pretty responsive.
Yes I did, I sent a mail with a log of the problem and they replied sending me a link of youtube in which they explain the connection procedure, after that i replied the mail giving more details of the problem and since that I haven't had any answer from them, that was on Feb 22th.

Is your built date in 2005 like mine?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 10:51 AM   #10
lab_rat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is (#5 of 586)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericho_17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lab_rat View Post

Yesterday at night I tried that way, reset the phone, turned wifi off, airplane mode, pair the carly again and obtained the same behavior from the adapter. The red light always on, the it says BT connection, in about 1 minute the orange led turns on and stays on and then it stays forerever saying ""Please wait until connection is verified,...."
That's frustrating...I'm not sure what else could be interfering, unless it's another Bluetooth device? Hopefully iCarly customer service can help in isolating the issue.
Appreciate 0