E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW of Manhattan

01-09-2008, 07:11 PM   #23
bp044
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2000 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpimping View Post
where is elan now? I got my first BMW from WWOC cars and my last one from westchester. When I order my next car it will be at BMW Manhattan. Westchester had this receptionist named Sandra who was off the hook. She doesn't work there anymore.
Will you deal with Manhattan after all the negative comments ? I was going to buy there but I was discouraged by all the bad input . Am I wrong ?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 07:36 PM   #24
Explorer3253
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 f32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpimping View Post
where is elan now? I got my first BMW from WWOC cars and my last one from westchester. When I order my next car it will be at BMW Manhattan. Westchester had this receptionist named Sandra who was off the hook. She doesn't work there anymore.
Elan is at Wide world. Go see him and PM me for my name and tell him I sent you. He's a hell of a guy! He is by far the best salesperson (he is now manager but will set you up properly) I've ever had! Even though he is the manager now, he still speaks to me and answers any questions I have and is always real and genuine. Hard to find that
      01-20-2008, 10:28 AM   #25
bp044
Private
United_States
Rep

Suggestions for alternative to Manhattan BMW

I live and work in New york city,With not much time to spare.There must be a decent dealer with a good service facility with-in a 25 or 30 mile radius of the city. Any suggestions welcome
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 10:19 AM   #26
Avious
Addict
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 328XI

Garage List
2007 e92 328Xi  [0.00]
If you want service from a dealer in the NYC area you MUST buy the car from them. ESPECIALLY if you want a loaner. LQ in Brooklyn and bmw of Manhattan will only give out loaners if you got it from them. I live in Brooklyn work in Manhattan and BMW of Manhattan would not give me the time of day when I needed service done. As much as I frieking love my e92 I probably wont get another BMW after my lease is up because of the sub par service I've received from them.

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 07:08 PM   #27
bp044
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avious View Post
If you want service from a dealer in the NYC area you MUST buy the car from them. ESPECIALLY if you want a loaner. LQ in Brooklyn and bmw of Manhattan will only give out loaners if you got it from them. I live in Brooklyn work in Manhattan and BMW of Manhattan would not give me the time of day when I needed service done. As much as I frieking love my e92 I probably wont get another BMW after my lease is up because of the sub par service I've received from them.
Was it sub par because of no loaner or lacking in some other way ?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 11:42 PM   #28
NJE93M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 E93 M3 Interlagos Blue

man i cant stand all that political garbage with these dealers. I would never let that slide. All you need to do is blast these service people and threaten to call BMW NA for a customer complaint. Remember since this is BMW, they do take customer satisfaction pretty seriously at BMW NA.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 07:53 PM   #29
bp044
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBMW335i View Post
man i cant stand all that political garbage with these dealers. I would never let that slide. All you need to do is blast these service people and threaten to call BMW NA for a customer complaint. Remember since this is BMW, they do take customer satisfaction pretty seriously at BMW NA.
Which dealer made you so unhappy ?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 07:17 PM   #30
Firefly6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp044 View Post
I live and work in New york city,With not much time to spare.There must be a decent dealer with a good service facility with-in a 25 or 30 mile radius of the city. Any suggestions welcome
JMK in Springfield, NJ. I leased from them after searching these forums for recommendations. I was quite satisfied with the CA I worked with. Their service dept has a great reputation as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 05:31 AM   #31
pony_trekker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535 x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer3253 View Post
Westchester BMW is a factory owned BMW as well so Manhattan is full of it. I bought my first BMW from Westchester and had an amazing experience. Service dept caters to my every need however my old CA left Westchester and is sales manager at Wide World in Spring Valley now. I went to Westchester and the new CA wasn't up to my expectations and wasn't giving me the service I wanted so I saw my old CA who is now a mgr and he took care of me very well! Go to Wide World up in Spring Valley and ask for Elan..he will get you set up right away and he is a hell of a salesman. Very respectful and no nonsense man. Plus you can see some exotic cars in the showroom next door.

PM me if you need more info about the place.
I tried to deal with WWoC twice and each time they tried to jack up the money factors and tell me they couldn't deviate from MSRP. Also lowballed me major on my trade.

So far, Westchester has dealt with me straight up, giving me the lowest MFs and reasonable trade value as well as a fair price.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 05:33 AM   #32
pony_trekker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535 x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycler View Post
In the end I hate all car dealer and dealerships. Because of these morons we have to waste our time to find a better deals at other places. They play games with us by telling us we are getting a great discount however they rasie the money factor to make up that difference. Or they lower the residual. And god forbid you actually go into the dealership with knowledge of what the money factor or residual should actually be. They treat you like your some nonpaying customer. In the end because of dealerships like the ones I am writing about I can give a rats ass if at the end of the day the sales ass who took care of me or lack there of can put food on the table. Do I sound bitter and frusterated......your damn right I do. But at least I got taken care of at Life Quality and did my ED and hopefully will get my car in the next 2-3 days.
I tell you at Westchester the people there have operated under the presumption that the customer is an educated professional.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 10:25 AM   #33
mid-corner fun
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, '22 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly6 View Post
JMK in Springfield, NJ. I leased from them after searching these forums for recommendations. I was quite satisfied with the CA I worked with. Their service dept has a great reputation as well.
Even though I've passed on buying from them, twice, their service dept is indeed excellent. And yes, I get a loaner even though I didn't buy from them.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 05:44 PM   #34
bp044
Private
United_States
Rep

Good word for Manhattan BMW ?

Is there any one out there who has a good word for this dealer ?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 05:47 PM   #35
MFL101
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RRS SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp044 View Post
Is there any one out there who has a good word for this dealer ?
I said screw them....my last lease wasn't great from them and the service sucks.

See Lucas at JMK in NJ...short drive and you will save a ton..
Appreciate 0