E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > F^#!#'d up headlights from 335i loaner..help?

11-05-2010, 05:52 PM   #1
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

F^#!#'d up headlights from 335i loaner..help?

Today I dropped off my car for and I got a 335 loaner! yay!!!!!

Sidestory:
(Actually what happened was I got a 328 coupe and I realized after getting home that the passenger side front tire had a bubble in it. Normally I wouldn't care but since I have to make a trip to Hanscom AFB this weekend, not taking any chances. I went back and the lady gave me this )

So, it's now night and I noticed that the headlights are like highbeams...like nuts. I looked at it all confused and stuff and this is what I found on the driver side:

I tried using a screwdriver to adjust the vertical angles but they're broken. I'm guessing that the control arms for those broke. However, adaptive is pretty cool

So, is there any way I can fix this on my own, without taking apart the bumper & etc? I'm stuck with this for the weekend + few days.

I'm actually thinking about going back to the dealer first thing in the AM and ask them if they can fix this in a few hrs. I have to get going by 2pm...is that a fat chance?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #2
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i

I wouldnt mess with it, if they gave it to you that way - take it back and get another one. They will just swap the whole light out with a new one
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 06:09 PM   #3
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
You better make sure the dealer knows that you got it in that condition...otherwise they may try to blame it on you!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 11:14 PM   #4
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
You better make sure the dealer knows that you got it in that condition...otherwise they may try to blame it on you!
I'm sure they would know. When I got the 335, the sill fell out when I opened the door and the lady said "Ohhh that happens all the time, don't worry...I'll put that in the loaner agreement for you." AND I have 300 miles left before service, wiper fluids low, and some funky brakes that feels somewhat shaky, wow lol

You would think they checked and OK'd some of these things after a return of every loaner, at least the engine service, I can see them leaving out stuff like the door sill.

It looks so bad that I might as well leave them off and use fogs...
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 12:30 AM   #5
328i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
I'm sure they would know. When I got the 335, the sill fell out when I opened the door and the lady said "Ohhh that happens all the time, don't worry...I'll put that in the loaner agreement for you." AND I have 300 miles left before service, wiper fluids low, and some funky brakes that feels somewhat shaky, wow lol

You would think they checked and OK'd some of these things after a return of every loaner, at least the engine service, I can see them leaving out stuff like the door sill.

It looks so bad that I might as well leave them off and use fogs...
Maybe someone hit a big pot hole that caused the bubble and the headlight to break.