E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > tiny stone chip in windshield problem

06-23-2008, 02:52 PM   #1
Maxtor
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi sedan

tiny stone chip in windshield problem

Got a tiny stone chip in the windshield on the weekend. About the size of a small nail head. Not deep.

Went to an Apple Autoglass franchise today and the guy said it was too small a chip to repair. He said it will not get any bigger or crack so nothing to do. Unfortunately it is in my line of sight when driving... so it bugs me.

Any advice appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2008, 03:55 PM   #2
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Sledgehammer.

Sorry. I know you want real advice, but as far as I know, there's not much you can do. I don't think the chip fillers are so optically advanced as to render the chip invisible, and I've heard that if you polish down your windshield, you can create other problems (think carnival funhouse mirror waviness). You may have to live with it. If it's a real problem -- directly in the line of sight and distracting -- then I'd bring it up with the insurance company.

Or else, sledgehammer time.