E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Vessel: CARMEN (04/27/2007)

05-02-2007, 07:49 PM   #45
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep
Drives: nothing

Garage List
Interesting how we're all "out of town" around similar times. Weddings are always fun...and your'e right, nothing can beat quality time with friends and family!

I live in the LA area and I haven't even seen any vert's around besides the demo at the dealer. At any rate you two will have somewhat rare cars...
I've seen tons of E92's but a lot more 328's than 335's around here.

Incidentally the 29th is my bday and the wifey and I will be spending it in Paris! it almost seems like this trip came together all to perfectly. Autobahn, souvenir german tourist license plate, and the wifey's never been to Europe...it should be fun! I'll give you guys a nice trip report when i get back!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2007, 11:15 PM   #46
fragadellic
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe BSM

I am deliberately making sure I am NOT going anywhere the last week of May!!!
      05-02-2007, 11:32 PM   #47
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragadellic View Post
LoL!
How did I know?!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 02:38 AM   #48
fragadellic
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snohman View Post
LoL!
How did I know?!
Frankly, I would prefer to be there when the truck pulls up...
      05-03-2007, 08:50 AM   #49
MyE93
Private
Rep
Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by snohman View Post
Interesting how we're all "out of town" around similar times. Weddings are always fun...and your'e right, nothing can beat quality time with friends and family!

I live in the LA area and I haven't even seen any vert's around besides the demo at the dealer. At any rate you two will have somewhat rare cars...
I've seen tons of E92's but a lot more 328's than 335's around here.

Incidentally the 29th is my bday and the wifey and I will be spending it in Paris! it almost seems like this trip came together all to perfectly. Autobahn, souvenir german tourist license plate, and the wifey's never been to Europe...it should be fun! I'll give you guys a nice trip report when i get back!
Kinda shocking that you haven't seen any around LA. Is it just me or does it seem a bit ironic. I mean we had to order our cars. We know they were on the street at the beginning of April. Where did those first cars go?

Isn't it great when things come together perfectly! Sounds like it will be a great B-day!
      05-03-2007, 08:53 AM   #50
MyE93
Private
Rep

Quote:
Too funny!
      05-03-2007, 08:55 AM   #51
MyE93
Private
Rep

We're up to 7 red dots...

Figured I'd post the morning update...
Attached Images

05-03-2007, 11:28 AM   #52
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Frankly, I would prefer to be there when the truck pulls up...
Man...I totally hear you on that one...that's why I'm picking our car up in her "motherland"
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 11:40 AM   #53
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyE93 View Post
Kinda shocking that you haven't seen any around LA. Is it just me or does it seem a bit ironic. I mean we had to order our cars. We know they were on the street at the beginning of April. Where did those first cars go?

Isn't it great when things come together perfectly! Sounds like it will be a great B-day!
Yeah it's a bit weird...
I thought I would have seen at least 1 or 2 floating around. I drive through a city that is usually very full of bimmer's when I drop my wife off for work (we carpool..) and still haven't seen one. The BMW center that we ordered our car through is just down the street from her work and my advisor tells me he estimates about 4 months of allocation already spoken for on the 335's (bigger reason to do ED ). I figured I'd see at least 1 driving around, especially with the weather as nice as it's been. Well I guess that's better news for you E93'ers!

The funny thing about our ED date is that I originally requested 04/27 as my pickup date. My CA calls me and tells me that ALL ED pickup dates for e92 335's were full all the way through May, and that the only day available was the 23rd of May. He told me he just decided to put me down for that date and ask questions later. So his phone call was pretty much, "Can you make it that day?"

So I told my boss "sorry the date's been changed from 04/27 to 05/23....I'll be flying back in on the 30th, ok?" (we have a business trip together on the 31st)

He says, "Do I even have a choice in the matter?"

So if my original date had been accepted...i'd probably be in Paris today.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 12:18 PM   #54
ecgiinla
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335 Convertible

i've seen a few...saw one on my way in to work today; sparkling graphite. saw a big old dude in a bright blue one, smoking a cigar this past saturday. saw an idiot pick her's up from the dealer a few w/ends ago (..."yeah, i crashed my last one so had to get another..."; no jealousy there b/c hers was black on beige -- in my family, we maintain that this is the lamest, blah-est combination available. i just wished her well and hope she finds a clue.) but no, not a massive infiltration.

three more weeks!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 12:21 PM   #55
ecgiinla
Private
Rep

i mean, black on beige! hah! in a convertible? what a complete lack of taste. i haven't seen ANYone on this board order that in anything but a sedan (in such cases, i downgrade my anathema to ambivalence, i cannot really explain why....its just what i do).
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 12:23 PM   #56
fragadellic
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Figured I'd post the morning update...
Looks like the skipped reporting that 6-hour dot, guess the crew was asleep then....
      05-03-2007, 02:45 PM   #57
MyE93
Private
Rep

Quote:
Looks like the skipped reporting that 6-hour dot, guess the crew was asleep then....
They can't sleep. They should know we expect our updates in a timely fashion!
      05-03-2007, 05:23 PM   #58
tadders
Private
Rep
Drives: Ordered: 335i Convertible

You really think it is that bad. Now, I am not saying I would order one, but it looks OK, doesnt it?

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...77&postcount=1

Arrived: E93 335 Space Gray/Coral red/Gray Poplar > ZCW > ZPP > ZSP > STEP > CA > PDC > HD > iPOD
Ordered:3/29 - Production complete:4/19 - At port:4/21 - Aboard Carmen:4/27 - Docked in LA:5/21 - Delivered 6/9
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 06:13 PM   #59
fragadellic
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadders View Post
You really think it is that bad. Now, I am not saying I would order one, but it looks OK, doesnt it?

I wouldn't say no if someone were handing them out, but I would say that it's on of the least attractive combinations I have seen (that's as politically correct as I can be...LOL!!!).

The Monaco Blue on beige looks OK, much better than black. I think the problem is that the beige leather is practically white. That's one of the problems the brochure and website is that it doesn't represent all the wood, leather, and paint colors very well at all. Some of the colors I had originally considered for my car just made me when I saw them in person.

Hence the fact that my car is entirely devoid of all color... Black Sapphire, Black Dakota, and Grey Poplar. Think that will keep me warm in the summer in Phoenix?!?!? You bet your it will LOL!!!!
And to think I got the seat heaters too (but not the rest of the cold weather package)
      05-03-2007, 06:14 PM   #60
fragadellic
Captain
Rep

Quote:
They can't sleep. They should know we expect our updates in a timely fashion!
Looks like another 12-hour gap this time. I'm going to need to revise my guess at the number of dots till Panama if this keeps up
      05-03-2007, 06:38 PM   #61
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I wouldn't say no if someone were handing them out, but I would say that it's on of the least attractive combinations I have seen (that's as politically correct as I can be...LOL!!!).

The Monaco Blue on beige looks OK, much better than black. I think the problem is that the beige leather is practically white. That's one of the problems the brochure and website is that it doesn't represent all the wood, leather, and paint colors very well at all. Some of the colors I had originally considered for my car just made me when I saw them in person.

Hence the fact that my car is entirely devoid of all color... Black Sapphire, Black Dakota, and Grey Poplar. Think that will keep me warm in the summer in Phoenix?!?!? You bet your it will LOL!!!!
And to think I got the seat heaters too (but not the rest of the cold weather package)
I wouldn't pass one up if they were handing one out either....but then again i'd probably just sell it and get it in a nicer color combo. Come to think of it, that is a color combination I would never have even considered ordering myself.

I have Black dakota and Gray Poplar as well but on an Alpine White car ( I should really say "We" or "She" since technically i'm getting this car more for the wife...but she doesn't post on here....so we'll just say "I" for now )
but no seat heaters for us...she NEVER used them in my g coupe so she didn't want them.

Do winters get pretty chilly in 'zona due to the desert? We actually almost moved out there due to the wifey's work situation, but we ended up staying put in so. cal.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 06:50 PM   #62
ecgiinla
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadders View Post

blah! but i like the rims!!

so carmen is arriving may 21st, for sure! you guys are so lucky! why am i on the budget, late boat!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 06:56 PM   #63
tadders
Private
Rep

I use my seat heaters at lot during the winter. Currently have a CLK500 coupe and it is nice to get that subtle heat when the air is chilly.....OK, so having been conditioned to AZ climate, I now find 60 degrees a little chilly!

Had the heated seats in my Boxster S and I used them ALL the time.....when the top goes down during the winter, you need the little pick me up to keep the status quo during the evenings especially!

When I first moved here we bought a Jeep to keep us mobile and it came with seat heaters and the wife and I just laughed at it! Now we use them all the time!

Of course the air conditioned seats we have in the SUV are the bomb during the summer...shame they dont offer those on many cars as of yet! Would have loved them on the E93....

Arrived: E93 335 Space Gray/Coral red/Gray Poplar > ZCW > ZPP > ZSP > STEP > CA > PDC > HD > iPOD
Ordered:3/29 - Production complete:4/19 - At port:4/21 - Aboard Carmen:4/27 - Docked in LA:5/21 - Delivered 6/9
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 07:01 PM   #64
ecgiinla
Private
Rep

wow you're making the big switch...i like the clk500, too....
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 07:24 PM   #65
tadders
Private
Rep

Nah, no big switch, I am a marque butterfly. I flitter to whichever car I feel looks the prettiest at the time! Have had E30, E36, E46 coupes, Z3, Z4 and always love the BMs. Have had a Boxster and a couple of different Mercs....always manage to find my way back to the Beamers some how....hopefully this one will last a while, I have averaged 9 months of car ownership over the last 7 years, it's bad for the bank balance!

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 08:39 PM   #66
ecgiinla
Private
Rep

OMG! 9 months! this will be my second independently obtained car. i've had the first, my current for 9 months. i cant do this every nine months. there's a website where you can borrow and return designer purses. we need a similar solution.
Appreciate 0