Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Suggestions for new wheel color combo with tiag e90

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-18-2014, 09:47 PM   #1
e92_bryan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘11 e92 328

Suggestions for new wheel color combo with tiag e90

So long story short my powder coated wherls got chipped at a car wash and my dad gave them some major curbrash and after scoring them for an amazing price, having them re coated is just not worth it. So now while I'm looking for a new color while repairing them I might as well switch up the color scheme. So my car is a titanium silver e90 with a lot of black or cf parts, roof, mirror caps, spoiler, hood, roof, 5% windows, decal front windshield banner, tail lights, headlight housing, and grills) so A LOT of black parts including my wheels( theyre csl reps) so now i kind of wanna switch up the look.
Eventually i will paint them but for now I will plasti dip them to see if i like the color so here are my possible options
Keep in mind my car is tiag and my current wheels are matte almost satin black
1) gloss black
2)gloss black with silver metalizer, looks kind of like space grey but with a lot more sparkle
3)matte white
4)gloss white
5)blaze blue?
6) intense teal?
7)gloss black with gold metalizer

5 and 6 are long shots but maybe it would be cool rocking such a stand out color

Any other possible colors i can rock with tiag and black, preferably not the common colors that already exist( space grey, hyper silver and black) maybe something big that stands out
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 07:10 AM   #2
JC335xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by black&silver_bimmer View Post
So long story short my powder coated wherls got chipped at a car wash and my dad gave them some major curbrash and after scoring them for an amazing price, having them re coated is just not worth it. So now while I'm looking for a new color while repairing them I might as well switch up the color scheme. So my car is a titanium silver e90 with a lot of black or cf parts, roof, mirror caps, spoiler, hood, roof, 5% windows, decal front windshield banner, tail lights, headlight housing, and grills) so A LOT of black parts including my wheels( theyre csl reps) so now i kind of wanna switch up the look.
Eventually i will paint them but for now I will plasti dip them to see if i like the color so here are my possible options
Keep in mind my car is tiag and my current wheels are matte almost satin black
1) gloss black
2)gloss black with silver metalizer, looks kind of like space grey but with a lot more sparkle
3)matte white
4)gloss white
5)blaze blue?
6) intense teal?
7)gloss black with gold metalizer

5 and 6 are long shots but maybe it would be cool rocking such a stand out color

Any other possible colors i can rock with tiag and black, preferably not the common colors that already exist( space grey, hyper silver and black) maybe something big that stands out
My vote is 1 or 2. My wheels are Anthracite now but will all the black stuff on your car that may look odd. Before these wheels I had a set I painted gloss black and really liked that look.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 07:28 AM   #3
Manoah
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i, LE R1

#5. but the blaze colors apparently fade pretty quick.
      04-26-2014, 03:15 PM   #4
b_minus335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i X Drive

Gloss black, no doubt, with the right tint, it will look amazing.