E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Help with alcantara interior trim!

07-29-2014, 10:23 PM   #1
abhishriv
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe (Space grey)

Help with alcantara interior trim!

Hey everyone! i posted this in the BMW true north group as well a while back without much response but i was wondering if anyone here from GTA area has experience with wrapping interior trim in the CF fabric, or even vinyl?

I wanted to wrap my interior trim in alcantara but since I've never done a trim wrap before i wanted to get some help from someone experienced. Let me know if you've ever done the trim wrap before and would be willing to help . it would be a cool project since i don't think anyone else in GTA area has done this yet.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2014, 09:54 AM   #2
techy1
Captain
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

never seen this one before.... do you know what the thickness is?

I only ask because when putting the panels back on if there is not enough room it wont fit back on... usually with the fabric/vinyl you would wrap a bit of it behind the panel to ensure that you have full coverage all around. and with this type of material you may need to do some exact fitting.

first thing i would do is check the thickness difference between the fabric and alcantara material.

I'm only assuming though...
      07-30-2014, 11:04 AM   #3
abhishriv
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe (Space grey)

Quote:
Originally Posted by techy1
never seen this one before.... do you know what the thickness is?

I only ask because when putting the panels back on if there is not enough room it wont fit back on... usually with the fabric/vinyl you would wrap a bit of it behind the panel to ensure that you have full coverage all around. and with this type of material you may need to do some exact fitting.

first thing i would do is check the thickness difference between the fabric and alcantara material.

I'm only assuming though...
Hmmm good point. I'll have to check but seen a couple cars on here with it done. but better to check
Appreciate 0