E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Rock On

01-30-2013, 07:08 AM   #1
BmerMeUp
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cinderella: 2008 E91 328xi

Rock On

Rock on my windshield, that is.
Bummer. Heard the hit last night.
This morning? 12" snaking crack down the driver's side.

Gonna look ghetto till it gets replaced.
Arg.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 09:25 AM   #2
xxcferrarixx
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [10.00]
That sucks. Hopefully you can get that replaced soon. Are you going to go through the dealership?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #3
chilled_fire
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235 2009 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmerMeUp View Post
Rock on my windshield, that is.
Bummer. Heard the hit last night.
This morning? 12" snaking crack down the driver's side.

Gonna look ghetto till it gets replaced.
Arg.
that sucks, i have seen a 4 inch crack grow to 10 within 2 hours of driving.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #4
BmerMeUp
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cinderella: 2008 E91 328xi

D'oh! Dealership! Of course - finally a good use for their meticulously overpriced parts and service!!

I called my insurance company (glass is covered but with an absurd $500 deductible) and they wanted to set me up with "Speedy Auto Glass" right away, no problem. I said I'd call them back, checked your posts here, and glad I did! Insurance company was giving me attitude about wanting a genuine BMW windshield... "car is older...blablabla" whatever. If I'm paying a freaking $500 deductible, I'm getting whatever the hell I want!!

So I called my dealership - "No problem. Tell them to call us. We'll let them know you're getting a genuine part. Don't worry."

Called Insurance back to cancel the Speedy appointment... wooweee were THEY cranky!! Ha. Argued with me for about 5 minutes over WHY I wanted to go to the dealership until they finally relented.

Sorry guys - you wanna charge me $500 for a $400 repair with Speedy auto then raise my rates? Hey, I know, how does "bite my ho-ho" sound, I just TRIPLED your bill AND I'm getting genuine parts.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
PUG-N-BEEM GUY
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328I sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmerMeUp
D'oh! Dealership! Of course - finally a good use for their meticulously overpriced parts and service!!

I called my insurance company (glass is covered but with an absurd $500 deductible) and they wanted to set me up with "Speedy Auto Glass" right away, no problem. I said I'd call them back, checked your posts here, and glad I did! Insurance company was giving me attitude about wanting a genuine BMW windshield... "car is older...blablabla" whatever. If I'm paying a freaking $500 deductible, I'm getting whatever the hell I want!!

So I called my dealership - "No problem. Tell them to call us. We'll let them know you're getting a genuine part. Don't worry."

Called Insurance back to cancel the Speedy appointment... wooweee were THEY cranky!! Ha. Argued with me for about 5 minutes over WHY I wanted to go to the dealership until they finally relented.

Sorry guys - you wanna charge me $500 for a $400 repair with Speedy auto then raise my rates? Hey, I know, how does "bite my ho-ho" sound, I just TRIPLED your bill AND I'm getting genuine parts.
The fact that your insurance was cranky who f$&k are to be that way,,UUUUM correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that why see pay them our monthly payments? well fleas to hear that u got your windshield replaced with OEM
      01-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #6
Overspooled
MurderedOut
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 c63 AMG Coupe

Sucks, I had a chip on the upper passenger side, I hit a major pot hole 200 miles away from home.. Bent rim, flat tire, windshield cracked and a bolt holding the fender popped which made it unflush with the hood. Not fun