E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Bad experience with G&R Autosport

08-03-2016, 04:19 PM   #1
M1Curious
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C 6MT

Garage List
Bad experience with G&R Autosport

Locals,

Went to G&R Autosport today, located in Bellingham off moore street. I don't know if there's a thread for this, as there appears to only be like <5 bmw enthusiasts around these parts. But I can safely say I don't recommend this place.

Just a warning that their customer service is about as bad is it can get. Went their to buy and install new HID LED lights for my angel eyes, left with nothing but a bad attitude. They also knew I was on my way there, as they were called 15 mins before I showed up.

I was ignored the whole time, except by one worker who was clearly peeved I was there because he was, "BUSY!" (looking at headlight wiring). He also couldn't help me because he was leaving work early. This was at 1pm-ish.

There was 2 employees and 1 customer being helped and me sitting there twiddling my thumbs.

The other guy (Lee) pretended I wasn't there. Granted he was with another customer, so I zoned out and waited patiently for him to finish up. After he was done, he walked past me back into the shop and mumbled something I couldn't understand. Right after that another person showed up while I was waiting, and surprise, Lee immediately helped that person and continued to ignore me. After about 20 mins I left. I value my time and how I spend my money, these people clearly didn't want me as a customer.

Has anyone had similar experiences here, or different? Really bummed as there's not many places around here that do aftermarket stuff on our cars.

I'm starting to understand why people DIY.

-sad panda -

p.s. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, I'm new to the forums and to modding BMWs.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 09:07 AM   #2
prelude2perfect
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 and 2015 535i

Sorry to hear. Ivan lives in Lake Stevens which is about an hour away but it might be worth the drive to deal with someone who's great with these cars, especially aftermarket, and doesn't charge an arm and a leg. Let me know if you want his contact info.
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2016, 08:04 PM   #3
M1Curious
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C 6MT

Garage List
I appreciate the offer! As of now the used car dealership I bought my car at said they'd install it for me for $25. Sooooo, might jump on that.

I will let you know if anything else comes up though! I'm still on the border of if I want to sink money into a body kit....

Would he be the same guy to contact for that type of stuff?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 04:27 PM   #4
prelude2perfect
Captain
Rep

Yeah, he can do most anything just like I can but he's a lot closer to you since I'm down in Steilacoom
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 08:31 PM   #5
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude2perfect View Post
Sorry to hear. Ivan lives in Lake Stevens which is about an hour away but it might be worth the drive to deal with someone who's great with these cars, especially aftermarket, and doesn't charge an arm and a leg. Let me know if you want his contact info.
Send me his info!
      08-09-2016, 03:55 PM   #6
prelude2perfect
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimarho View Post
Send me his info!
He's on PNW N54 facebook group which I'm pretty sure you're on there too. He's the only Ivan of the group. Send him a PM
Appreciate 0