E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Turbo!!!! N52

04-01-2017, 10:49 PM   #133
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Quote:
Originally Posted by n55jb4 View Post
Lol what a lie. Turboed many cars lol? I bet biggest mod you did was a blackline tailights lol
Why? Why do you cluelessly try to ridicule without knowing anything?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2017, 12:11 AM   #134
Riley1524
Captain
Rep
Drives: A Slow Ass BMW

I also find it funny with all the "experts" commenting on how it's impossible. I wouldn't ever put any kind of money into modding the n52 personally, but that's beside the point. There's a couple of members here in the n/a forum that think they know everything and are straight up assholes when something is brought up that they think is wrong or is not their idea.
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2017, 12:56 AM   #135
anjuna
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: f25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley1524 View Post
I also find it funny with all the "experts" commenting on how it's impossible. I wouldn't ever put any kind of money into modding the n52 personally, but that's beside the point. There's a couple of members here in the n/a forum that think they know everything and are straight up assholes when something is brought up that they think is wrong or is not their idea.
my ears are burning.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2017, 12:59 AM   #136
Riley1524
Captain
Rep
Drives: A Slow Ass BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjuna View Post
my ears are burning.
From reading a comment?????
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2017, 04:09 AM   #137
n55jb4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi 2007 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by W37V View Post
Why? Why do you cluelessly try to ridicule without knowing anything?
Cluelessly? lol. We already have at least 2 examples from DigiDon and Bob from BPC that said several times that fuel is NOT a problem for their current setups. Both hit 500whp mark. Enough clue for you?
Now speaking about clueless - the person I quoted wrote exactly what you said "without knowing anything" made a comment - which was a lie
Why do I have to explain obvious things, where's your logic, haven't you followed recent developments in turbo n52s? I'm sure I saw you posted in those threads So please stop defending clueless people and pretend that you are clueless too
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2017, 04:31 AM   #138
rich322
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw z4

and whats with all the "just buy a 335"...

So weird...

If you could buy a turbo lump for under $5k and just drop it in, then fair enough, but from what i've read, it's a non trivial exercise.

I am no expert on engine design, but from reading the many posts here, the n52 is clearly a beautifully engineered motor and was not designed with FI in mind, but BMW isn't going to design it to operate on the edge of reliability. There's going to be big safety margins in the design. n54 is designed for FI and would probably cope with loads more boost (i've never investigated the tuning of these - no point for me). I think that the fact it was designed for FI means that they can make the engine cheaper and know that it will still develop the power needed. The n52 on the other hand needed some clever engineering to get the required power without boost.

As an e86 owner, there aren't many options for getting a decent power 'boost'.

So I will wait with bated breath to see if the turbo route comes to fruition and, more importantly, is made available over this side of the pond...
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2017, 08:21 AM   #139
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Quote:
Originally Posted by n55jb4 View Post
Cluelessly? lol. We already have at least 2 examples from DigiDon and Bob from BPC that said several times that fuel is NOT a problem for their current setups. Both hit 500whp mark. Enough clue for you?
Now speaking about clueless - the person I quoted wrote exactly what you said "without knowing anything" made a comment - which was a lie
Why do I have to explain obvious things, where's your logic, haven't you followed recent developments in turbo n52s? I'm sure I saw you posted in those threads So please stop defending clueless people and pretend that you are clueless too
This thread was before BPC and Digidon.

I have seen his car in person. You are just starting to explored mods he had. He was part of beta testers for the supercharger.

Also, digidon and BPC did have issues with fueling - mainly with injectors. That is why they swapped them. Fuel pump is fine, but stock injectors are not. ESS and and others claimed that stock injectors are not able to supply fuel above certain level. ESS, in their kit upgrade sells upgraded injectors.

However, Digidon did put in a second fuel pump, but he was running piggyback systems and he did not have proper tune. IIRC, BPC is not running their car on piggyback systems but on stock ECU.

And yes I'm very familiar with turbo development.
Appreciate 0