E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Problem: n55 no power, building 0 boost. No codes! Help!

10-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #45
KcN55
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by turugara View Post
I just took my car out again for some further testing. If I'm not going WOT, boost builds till about 4-5psi under partial throttle. As soon as I go WOT, boost is limited to 1-2psi.

When not going WOT, no codes are thrown. Only at WOT are codes thrown. Same codes as listed in original post.

My charge pipe gets in today. Maybe that'll fix it. If not I'll have to do stealership

Bump! i know this is an old thread. But I want to see if any n55ers encounter this same code recently?

Same thing is happening to me when I go WOT. My code pops up the PArtial engine light lights up and it tells me to reduce power.

-Its not the JB4 for me because I removed it and cleared the code, the Light still pops up.
-I already changed my Charge pipe, light still comes up
-Next thing to check its my intercooler tube? My car only is 26k
- what else can this be?

[Work Meister s1][KW V2][Icarbon rear diffuser][1M style] [BMW perf spoiler][eye lids] [Lux angel eyes][Rpi red scoops][MHD Stage 2][CPE dp][CPE CP][VSRF 7''][Injen intake][matte grills][Alpine speakers][P3 Vent Gauge][Custom Alcatraz steering wheel][ARK Cat-back exhaust]]
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 10:54 PM   #46
Ghoste90
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335i M Sport

Garage List
Old thread same issue...
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #47
kiggy74
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Xdrive

Same here. Noticeable loss of power over the last couple weeks and then last Friday got the low boost code (2c57?). Have an ER charge pipe on the way from n54tuning. Car is cpo but I didn't see the point in dealing with the dealer to replace a broken part with a flawed design with a new part with the same flawed design. Only mod is a jb4, car has 56k miles.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 07:48 PM   #48
kiggy74
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Xdrive

Errrr. New charge pipe, same issue. Looks like I might be heading to the dealer after all.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 07:28 PM   #49
Andrewe92
enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 lci 335xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcN55 View Post
Bump! i know this is an old thread. But I want to see if any n55ers encounter this same code recently?

Same thing is happening to me when I go WOT. My code pops up the PArtial engine light lights up and it tells me to reduce power.

-Its not the JB4 for me because I removed it and cleared the code, the Light still pops up.
-I already changed my Charge pipe, light still comes up
-Next thing to check its my intercooler tube? My car only is 26k
- what else can this be?
could be boost solenoid ? and def check fmic carefully sometimes a hairline crack could cause a code apparently , otherwise if you are under warranty take it to them and if you are really stuck have the dealer look at it .. if you are out of warranty they will charge you like 70 to look at it and diagnose the problem but that will save you a headache
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2014, 12:30 AM   #50
Chris_Rav
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 LCI 335i xdrive 6MT

I just installed my JB4 Stage 2 today and everything was working fine for a couple hours then coming home on the highway I got a engine light pop up and loss all boost, I was in map 1 so I changed it to map 0 and it seemed to bring it back to stock boost but then that seemed to stop too. I popped open the hood and my Boost Solenoid Connector was loose. I had some problems with getting it to "snap" on when I installed it but I thought I had it. I tried to get it on there as best as I could and I'm gonna take it for a drive in the morning. I'm hoping that it fixed the problem.
Appreciate 0