E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Bilstein PSS10 vs stock M-sport suspension

12-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
nojeans
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E92 335i LCI

Bilstein PSS10 vs stock M-sport suspension

Hi,

Did anyone try both and would share comments!

Tks!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 02:07 AM   #2
scflaw
Captain
Rep
Drives: M135I, Macan S, G26 i4M50

i had the sport suspension and the pss10. Not sure if sport = msport but oem sport suspension is crap, it sits a tiny bit lower than stock but handles horribly. Bumpy on straights, excessive swaying on corners. PSS10's on the other hand is a whole different ball game. It handles much better and without much of a compromise for ride comfort. You need a good garage to install your coils for the PSS10's though, some owners report squeaking from bad installs. Also the PSS10's sit pretty low at the highest level, so if you live in a parking lot with huge speed bumps, your going to be in a world of pain.

I don't believe comparing the Msport suspension to the PSS10's would be fair, i think a better comparison would be msport suspension and Koni Street Coilovers.

Last edited by scflaw; 12-21-2012 at 02:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 01:47 AM   #3
Ericlala
Registered
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

I just bought a 325i and the previous owner has installed PSS10 on the vehicle,
It handle is wonderful and firm but u need to give up some comfort for an exchange. Luckily I still never hit any speed bumps and scratch the front lip.
But the problem is the front suspension squeaking badly at a low speed (20Km).
Btw I do want to know where can I fixed the squeaking problems
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 03:52 AM   #4
Soikiu
Malaysian Invasion
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 323i LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericlala View Post
But the problem is the front suspension squeaking badly at a low speed (20Km).
Hi mate, I ride on PSS10s and instead of a squeaking sound, I have a knocking sound at low speeds. Been trying to fix it but at the end of the day, I believe it could be the front anti-roll bar. Not sure if you have one installed...
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 06:14 AM   #5
nojeans
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep

finally I decide go for pss10 to replace bilstein B8 and eibach that with me a year.
let see any abnormal sound after install whole set with hr anti-roll bar
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 07:00 AM   #6
william_cwl
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E91

Garage List
2008 E91 323  [0.00]
i had this very unpleasant experience with bilstein lately
got my b8 + h&r springs around 3 months ago and my wife could not bear with the ride, so i decided to go for something less harsh
got the new shocks installed today and the garage found that the front dampers are leaking oil on both sides!
i'm no spirited driver and i'm quite surprised that the dampers are so fragile! not sure if i'll go back to bilstein again if i'm gonna change my suspensions again
      12-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #7
Soikiu
Malaysian Invasion
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nojeans View Post
finally I decide go for pss10 to replace bilstein B8 and eibach that with me a year.
let see any abnormal sound after install whole set with hr anti-roll bar
I've got H&R anti roll bars too. Hope yours turn out fine bro.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #8
Soikiu
Malaysian Invasion
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by william_cwl View Post
got my b8 + h&r springs around 3 months ago and my wife could not bear with the ride, so i decided to go for something less harsh
got the new shocks installed today and the garage found that the front dampers are leaking oil on both sides!
i'm no spirited driver and i'm quite surprised that the dampers are so fragile! not sure if i'll go back to bilstein again if i'm gonna change my suspensions again
Damn that sucks bro. But since it's only 3+ months old, shouldn't it still be under warranty? Refund?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #9
ct087ct087
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by william_cwl View Post

H&R springs are "harder" than eibach springs...so much harsh
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #10
cc_bavarian
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2007+ E90 330i

Garage List
2007 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by william_cwl
I had B6 with H&R. Ride was bouncy and harsh like a pinball game. The B6 also had damper problem. The quality is just bad. Consider fully adjustable coilovers.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #11
cc_bavarian
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2007+ E90 330i

Garage List
2007 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by william_cwl
I had B6 with H&R. Ride was bouncy and harsh like a pinball game. The B6 also had damper problem. The quality is just bad. Consider fully adjustable coilovers.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #12
william_cwl
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E91

Garage List
2008 E91 323  [0.00]
now i'm running koni yellow + h&r springs. much less bouncy, just like stock suspension and even feel a bit too soft. guess i need to find out the correct setting somehow
      12-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #13
nojeans
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep

just complete the installation for all suspension and front anti-roll bar only. real antiroll bar is not installed yet because involve intensive work unload rear sub-frame he can't make it with only one man. he did a very great job since he follows the instruction manually fitting the shock body to spring plate by tools not using air pressure wrench with no direct impact to the damper. I have it running over 80km distance these two days through highway and some uneven road no complaint on comfort and no abnormal sound at all. it absorbs very much of vibration and feel whole car very stable then b8+eibach it can.
I should have the rear anti roll bar installation in this weekend again..hope it won't induce other issue...
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 01:04 AM   #14
Soikiu
Malaysian Invasion
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nojeans View Post
I should have the rear anti roll bar installation in this weekend again..hope it won't induce other issue...
The rear anti roll bars are a challenge to install. Lots of work involved.

Happy driving and Happy New Year man!
Appreciate 0