E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > BMW OEM Fire Extinguisher & Mount

04-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #23
335okc
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 335

oh ok. thanks for the explanation. so i just need the bracket that mounts to the seat, then use whatever bracket that comes with the fire extinguisher.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 06:45 PM   #24
bmwaddiction
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS350 F Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335okc View Post
oh ok. thanks for the explanation. so i just need the bracket that mounts to the seat, then use whatever bracket that comes with the fire extinguisher.
yep, exactly...as long as you can physically mount it onto the OEM bracket, I think the holes are 16cm apart
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #25
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwaddiction
my set up, OEM bracket, Repco extinguisher
That's on a 1er? Cause I just had a look at the front of both seats and there is no where to mount the red bracket?????
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 11:30 PM   #26
bmwaddiction
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS350 F Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
That's on a 1er? Cause I just had a look at the front of both seats and there is no where to mount the red bracket?????
Yes that's correct because you don't have an extinguisher eom bracket. You need to buy that first, mount it into the seat and then you can mount any extinguisher you want. The red bracket is just a part that comes with aftermarket extinguisher. So have a look at the photos that I have provided, what you need is a metal black bracket that mounts underneath the seat.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 05:58 AM   #27
PKM3
Engineer
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 2010

Bracket

There's a left and right part number for the BMW black seat bracket but if you're not using the OEM fire extinguisher, either will be fine. The two holes to mount the extinguisher are simply offset slightly one way or the other. The original fire extinguisher used to be supplied by Kidde now discontinued in Australia however a good option is Quell's with dual metal strap which is CAMS track approved. Few hints: seat mount bracket can be bought at ECS Tuning including screws. Don't use E46 instructions as it suggests tapping holes in seat. The E88 and E92 sport seats require no tapping. The screws are Trilobe thread forming and require light force and rotation to mount. Do not overtighten. Do not remove seats or electrical harnesses as others have recommended as I simply raised the seat to highest position and used a small 1/4" drive socket set. Need 10mm socket, T30 Torx male bit and approximately 2" extension. Fitted in about 12 minutes. Can mount to either front seat on preference.
Appreciate 0