Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Which tire should I buy?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

06-30-2010, 11:00 PM   #1
uzim289
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328xi AW/CR

Which tire should I buy?

Looking to replace the run flats currently on my ride. I have an 07 328xi coupe with Sport package. I think the sizes are 225/45/17 for the front and 225/40/17 for the rear. The salesman who sold me the car recommended keeping run flats on the car since there is no spare, and additionally buying cheap rims and snow tires to put on the car during winter. My car came with the 157 style rims which I would use with the run flats.

My question is, is it worth buying a 2nd set of rims for the winter? My car has xdrive and my city gets some snow in the winter but not too icy. Theres also the option of getting good all season tires but im not sure if they come in run flats. I was hoping to get some insight into a good tire set for the car, let me know what you guys think..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 12:28 AM   #2
chromisdesigns
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i sedan

The Conti run flats get much better reviews than the Bridgestones, but not sure offhand if they come in an all-season version.

IMHO, you are better off replacing the runflats with something like Conti DWS or Michelin PS2 A/S+. If you don't like the idea of no spare, buy a donut kit from Bavauto or Tischer, or carry a compressor and slime.

The non-runflats will wear longer, ride better, and cost a third less, too.
Appreciate 0