E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > VTT HPFP Upgrade: Official Release of the "Single Barrel Shotgun"

Closed Thread

01-27-2015, 10:18 PM   #1
Sales@vargasturbotech
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with a turbo

VTT HPFP Upgrade: Official Release of the "Single Barrel Shotgun"

Vargas Turbocharger Technologies is proud to officially announce the release and immediate availability of our Single Barrel HPFP Upgrade!

The 100% completed kits are in stock and we began shipping units today!

Thanks again to all those of you who pre-ordered and have been waiting patiently. We’re very excited to get these units out to you and looking forward to seeing how your cars perform. New orders (while the first batch lasts) will be processed and shipped in 3 - 5 business days.

Single Barrel Logo by VargasTurboTech, on Flickr

Product Information:

The "Single Barrel" HPFP kit replaces your existing HPFP. Using our mounting system the new pump is relocated in the accessory cluster to be overdriven by the belt. Coupled with our new feed line, and rail modification this provides enough fuel for around 550WHP on 100% E85, with blends it can support even higher. We went through numerous pulley designs to find the optimum overdrive speed that would optimize flow, pressure and longevity of the new components.

Pricing for the "Single Barrel" kit is $1199
Single Barrel kit contains:
- VTT Billet HPFP drive housing
- VTT Billet Stainless Steel drive shaft (pre-assembled in housing)
- High speed German ball bearings rated at 17,000RPM (pre-assembled in housing)
- VTT Billet HPFP pulley
- VTT HPFP housing mounting bracket
- VTT Billet stock location HPFP block off plate
- VTT High Pressure feed line
- VTT Low Pressure feed adaptor
- Properly sized drill bit to modify stock fuel rail (this can be done by any shop)
- Water line modification parts
- Plug and Play wiring harness
- All hardware required for assembly
FAQ:

Q: Will this set up work for me if I have stock turbos and just want to run E85 without worrying about mixing?
A: Yes you can pull up to the pump, fill up with 100% E85 and not worry about running out of fuel with as much power as you can possibly make with stock turbos.

Q: Can I run mixes of E85 and pump fuel with this set up?
A: The system is 100% compatible with Ethanol (E85) as well as regular unleaded pump gas, and will supply significantly more total fuel volume with either fuel, or any combination of both.

Q: How much power does the Single Barrel Kit Support?
A: When coupled with adequate supply from the LPFP this kit has been proven safe for up to as much as 550rwhp on 100% E85

Q: What happens if the belt or HPFP fails?
A: BMW set up the HPFP system so that even if the HPFP fails the LPFP will continue running and bypass through the pump and you can limp the car home. We actually unplugged the "Single Barrel" system and drove the car for 30 miles with no issues except a limp condition and low power.

Q: How hard is it to install?
A: Installation can be completed by the average DIYer in about 5-6 hours without any special tools or about 3-4 hours for a shop.

Installation instructions:

Installation starts with intake manifold removal, then high pressure feed line removal followed be replacing the stock HPFP with our block off plate. Then you will unbolt and reroute the LPFP line to where the pump will now run. Followed by plugging in the harness extension and then you can reinstall the intake manifold. With the charge pipe still out you'll remove the cooling fan, unbolt the 2 bolts from the drivers side motor mount and raise the driver side of the motor to allow easier access to AC compressor. Remove the 3 bolts holding the AC compressor, install mounting bracket over the AC compressor using the supplied new bolts. Then there are supplied instructions to help you modify the water line so that it clears the pulley. Now you're ready to lower the motor back down re-install the bolts, and attach the HPFP to the housing. At this point you're almost done; just reroute the LPFP feed to HPFP and connect it, install the new belt and reinstall fan. Finally remove the stock fuel rail which you or a shop can modify with the supplied drill bit and install the high pressure feed line from HPFP to rail, reinstall charge pipe & intake, purge system, and start vehicle.

We did our best to not make the kit/install invasive but in order to mount the pump in the new location you do have to modify one water line, and bend an AC line out of the way, everything else is bolt on making it easy to return your vehicle back to stock. If you choose to go back to stock at any point you would need to purchase a new water line to replace the modified one.

If you have any further questions feel free to post them in this thread or send us an email.

Now onto the pictures:

Single Barrel Kit Complete by VargasTurboTech, on Flickr

Single Barrel Kit Components by VargasTurboTech, on Flickr

Single Barrel - 15 by VargasTurboTech, on Flickr

Shotgun_Bracket__Final_Detail by VargasTurboTech, on Flickr

Single_Barrel_Mounted2 by VargasTurboTech, on Flickr

Single_Barrel_Mounted1 by VargasTurboTech, on Flickr

Single Barrel - 16 by VargasTurboTech, on Flickr

Single Barrel - 17 by VargasTurboTech, on Flickr

Single Barrel - 18 by VargasTurboTech, on Flickr

Single Barrel - 09 by VargasTurboTech, on Flickr

Single Barrel - 10 by VargasTurboTech, on Flickr

Single Barrel - 11 by VargasTurboTech, on Flickr

Single Barrel - 12 by VargasTurboTech, on Flickr

Single Barrel - 08 by VargasTurboTech, on Flickr

Single Barrel - 01 by VargasTurboTech, on Flickr

Single Barrel - 02 by VargasTurboTech, on Flickr

Single Barrel - 03 by VargasTurboTech, on Flickr

Single Barrel - 07 by VargasTurboTech, on Flickr

Single Barrel - 06 by VargasTurboTech, on Flickr

Single Barrel - 14 by VargasTurboTech, on Flickr
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 08:27 AM   #2
JETmn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Msport

Garage List
2011 335Xi  [0.00]
I have to say this is the best fuelling solution I have seen so far.

Edited my port injection comment. I was wrong and that does pulse the injectors to vary the flow.

Last edited by JETmn; 01-28-2015 at 04:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 11:27 AM   #3
Unklejoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Beautiful. A lot of R&D right here.

Since you're already like 99% there, did you ever consider making mounting hardware to run a different HPFP? Maybe one that supports even more flow or is more reliable (from another brand)?

I guess the hardest part would be the pressure control.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 01:12 PM   #4
Sales@vargasturbotech
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with a turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETmn View Post
I have to say this is the best fuelling solution I have seen so far. Much better than a port injection system run by just a switch so it is either on or off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unklejoe View Post
Beautiful. A lot of R&D right here.

Since you're already like 99% there, did you ever consider making mounting hardware to run a different HPFP? Maybe one that supports even more flow or is more reliable (from another brand)?

I guess the hardest part would be the pressure control.

Thanks! Yes a ton of research and testing went into what you see here and there were numerous posts/threads by Tony along the way showing the capabilities of the system. I just didn't want this thread to be terribly cluttered by adding the datalogs & dynographs. If you're interested the best single resource for more technical information about the product can be found in this thread.

Alternative pumps and locations were certainly considered but the costs and additional labor etc would not be worth it for many, this kit is designed for the average person running FBO with stock turbos or stage 1 upgrades. For those who really want to push and are running single turbos etc. We have the Double Barrel kit which is coming soon. The Single Barrel was enough to support our Stage 2 turbos before we had the silicone intakes and charge but now with those installed the Stage 2's are making more power than the we'd suggest running on the Single Barrel and 100% E85 without meth. For Stage 2, 2+, our Stage 3 turbo kit or anyone with a single turbo conversion we recommend waiting just a little bit longer for the Double Barrel kit to be released.

Regardless we're very excited to be shipping the Single Barrel kits and we expect that they will enable people to reach new heights, or at least have the convenience/safety of running 100% E85 with both N54 & N55 powered cars. Surely these will be used in conjunction with a variety of different turbo setups etc. so we'll be sharing customers' results as soon as they are available.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 12:29 PM   #5
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Testfit it on F series please!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 12:57 PM   #6
Knobi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M3

Garage List
These are great news for the N55 community, great work Tony!
Closed Thread