Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > TPMS sensor Questions

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

01-19-2011, 01:58 AM   #1
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
TPMS sensor Questions

Ok I'm getting the M6 style wheels in 18's for my e90, but this will require new TPMS that cost $300-$400. I don't want to reuse my old ones being that I'm going to run winter tires on my stock rims.

So I have some spare TPMS from a non BMW auto, they are from a US auto manufacturer, that I had left over from my previous vehie. so will these work on my 3 series? Or do I need to get pretty much the same style sensors.

The only difference I see is the BMW have metal valve stems and are square and the other ones are plastic stems and rectangular sensor. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 07:34 AM   #2
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
Ok I'm getting the M6 style wheels in 18's for my e90, but this will require new TPMS that cost $300-$400. I don't want to reuse my old ones being that I'm going to run winter tires on my stock rims.

So I have some spare TPMS from a non BMW auto, they are from a US auto manufacturer, that I had left over from my previous vehie. so will these work on my 3 series? Or do I need to get pretty much the same style sensors.

The only difference I see is the BMW have metal valve stems and are square and the other ones are plastic stems and rectangular sensor. Thanks
There is no chance that these will work.

Fortunately, sensors aren't nearly $400 if you shop around. Depending on the year of the E90 we're at about $200-$220 for all four including shipping.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 12:33 PM   #3
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary@TireRack View Post
There is no chance that these will work.

Fortunately, sensors aren't nearly $400 if you shop around. Depending on the year of the E90 we're at about $200-$220 for all four including shipping.
Oh very good then, I will be visiting tire rack then when I get the wheels, I might as well do the tires there also. Thanks a lot.
Appreciate 0