E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > New to the NW!

06-15-2015, 01:24 AM   #1
Petrolhead3010
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3 M40i

New to the NW!

Hey everybody! Recent Washington transplant. Rolling in a SGM '08 335i coupe. I have just over 82k on the odo, & need to get it serviced. Only thing I know it needs for sure is a brake fluid flush. My indicator also shows a car on a lift (in red). Not sure what it could be, as the owner's manual gives 5+ meanings for the indicator. I'm certain it would be well over $1k to take it to the dealership. Are there any reputable shops north of Seattle that have good labor rates?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 02:34 AM   #2
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggling_Donkey
Hey everybody! Recent Washington transplant. Rolling in a SGM '08 335i coupe. I have just over 82k on the odo, & need to get it serviced. Only thing I know it needs for sure is a brake fluid flush. My indicator also shows a car on a lift (in red). Not sure what it could be, as the owner's manual gives 5+ meanings for the indicator. I'm certain it would be well over $1k to take it to the dealership. Are there any reputable shops north of Seattle that have good labor rates?
Welcome! I'm from the PNW north of the border but I know many of the guys in your area go to I.S. Garage in Renton.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 08:33 AM   #3
danielfastv6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Pm me with exactly what you want done, I've worked on tons of members rides here.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 10:10 PM   #4
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
Nice and welcome
      06-16-2015, 11:17 AM   #5
BMWonderful
When I think of something witty it will go here
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330

Welcome!

I have no personal experience with danielfast but if you search the NW forum you can see that many people have worked with him and all have been very happy it seems. A lot of work on these cars can be done outside a shop if the person is knowledgeable and has the tools, I would definitely encourage you to check him out.

The only place I could personally vouch for is Broadstroke Associates in the Clearview are of Hwy 9 (Just North of Snohomish, Everett/Mill Creek area). They are pretty good, although they will try to up sell you on every little thing that your car might need. That's not necessarily a bad thing, a lot of people like to get done everything that pops up, but I'm the kind of person that doesn't want to pay for that stuff, it's to easy to do yourself. I usually try to do all the work on my E90 and my wifes E70, but for stuff that I feel is over my head (or I'm just feeling lazy) I have been nothing but happy with the work they have done. Not bad pricing either, not the cheapest (we drive bmw's after all) but definitely cheaper than the dealer.

Either way you go, good luck and welcome to the area!!

Edit to add: I just looked at your location, I'm in Lake Stevens, right next door to you. Broadstroke is South on Hwy 9 about twenty minutes (with traffic lights and slow drivers) from you.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 11:35 PM   #6
Petrolhead3010
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3 M40i

Thanks for the info, everyone. It turns out the car just needs a brake fluid flush. Everything else can wait. Have any of you used one of those brake bleeder kits? I usually have someone to do the brakes with, but not up here. So I'll be doing it by myself, most likely.
Appreciate 0