Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > MORR VS8.2 Decision Making..? "Help Please"

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

View Poll Results: Which do you feel i should pick on my AW E92 335xi info below:
Signature Black 23 54.76%
Signature Silver 19 45.24%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

01-15-2011, 11:10 AM   #23
atarkatchev
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 xi E92 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by nano10 View Post
i was trying to sell my sig blacks but it looks like i will take delivery of the after all and to be honest, I am really excited about the look and getting them on my car. i have AW with blacked out grill, trim, emblems and diffuser so i think it will go with theme. Plus sig black is more unique i think
Same here it should go well with my theme... But i have been told that the black on the inside is a cheaper look and the sig silver being a classy amazing look..

- Allan
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #24
NiVeDh
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3

Garage List
In my opinion, all the signature finishes look unfinished. The "freshly machined metal" look doesn't really appeal to me and won't match anything else on the car. I personally prefer the painted finishes such as smoked titanium or gunmetal.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 05:40 PM   #25
atarkatchev
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
In my opinion, all the signature finishes look unfinished. The "freshly machined metal" look doesn't really appeal to me and won't match anything else on the car. I personally prefer the painted finishes such as smoked titanium or gunmetal.
Everyone entitled to their own opinion

- Allan

Last edited by atarkatchev; 01-15-2011 at 06:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #26
PeteW84
COBB'ed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 Mini Cooper S

Garage List
2008 335i  [7.56]
Signature Black...

13 Mini Cooper S
08 E92 335i (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #27
atarkatchev
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete84 View Post
Signature Black...
+1
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 11:43 PM   #28
B3AST
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: with a huge grin (E90)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powner10451 View Post
OK Guys I know that these wheels are tit's but why Morr???? What made you choose these wheels over so many others with very similar styling and identical finish?? I'm seriously considering these wheels however I want my decision to be something other than "I like the way these look"..... So what sold you?? Oh yea and the SIG Silver is "Classy" which never gets old... I could see how the "aggressive look" could wear off.... if your going for longevity of hotness def go with the silvers!
-Exclusivity
-Tailor Made
-Forged
-Light
-Strong
-Reasonably priced
-Beautiful
-Gorgeous
-Sexy
-Classy
-Timeless
-Perfect

I could keep going. I mean just look at them, you'd be hard-pressed to find another wheel that delivers what the Morr delivers in that price range. I tried for months and came up with nothing...just boring cast wheels...So the question is....Why would you NOT choose Morr?!?
      01-16-2011, 11:51 PM   #29
B3AST
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
You know, I had that same thought as well when I was first considering the Morr's. But in all honesty I think the machined faces give the wheels a little something extra that painted wheels just can't give you, charisma. I mean EVERY wheel is either painted or chrome (nobody really does chrome, but just for discussion purposes). The machined faces to me just accentuate the beautiful lines of the wheels and really makes it look about 10x classier than they are. Not saying the Morr's aren't classy because they absolutely are, but it's like making a Tag Heuer look like a Jaeger Lecoultre without the extra $10k. I plan on keeping my chrome trim (looks more machined to me) on my alpine white e90 and I think it will be a nice contrast with the machined faces on the wheels. I could be completely wrong but that's my assessment at the moment. Either way I compared pictures of vs7's and vs8's on alpine white 3's and the painted silver just looked very boring. If you compare a picture of a car sporting the painted vs8 next to the photoshoot of the M3 sporting the new sig silver vs8.2 there really isn't much comparison, soft-spoken yet classy on the painted silver, sporty and aggressive but still very classy on the sig silvers, it's the perfect combo IMO.

A pretty long story I know, just wanted to share my thoughts as your statement was the exact same thing I though at first. But each is entitled to their own opinion regardless, just thought I'd share.
      01-17-2011, 02:33 AM   #30
nano10
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by atarkatchev View Post
Same here it should go well with my theme... But i have been told that the black on the inside is a cheaper look and the sig silver being a classy amazing look..

- Allan
now you are making me nervous (although its too late to do anything about it) does anybody have first hand opinions on the inside black part of the sig balck wheels?
      01-17-2011, 04:00 AM   #31
atarkatchev
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
now you are making me nervous (although its too late to do anything about it) does anybody have first hand opinions on the inside black part of the sig balck wheels?
I know i have been nervous... I can't firmly decide because both colors are gorgeous and i keep getting all types of opinions that are making me go crazy..

- Allan
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 06:24 AM   #32
Pathy01
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by atarkatchev View Post
I know i have been nervous... I can't firmly decide because both colors are gorgeous and i keep getting all types of opinions that are making me go crazy..

- Allan
You asked for the opinions...

Seriously though, you can't make a bad choice between these two options so just make a decision, stick with it and love them.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 11:00 AM   #33
hipnotic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
2008 335i coupe  [7.00]
never cared for black
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 04:10 PM   #34
B3AST
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
In no way, shape or form do these wheels look 'cheap'. The black windows just give the wheels a little more of an aggressive look if that's the look you're going for. It's a little too aggressive for my taste personally, but I'm trying to achieve a 'minimal' look on my e90 and not really going too aggressive. I think the sig black wheels are the perfect combination of classy/aggressive, while still looking absolutely amazing. If you're blacking out the grilles, have black diffusors, trim etc. the sig black will look amazing on your car. I mean just look at the photoshoot of the LCI, it looks aggressive but still VERY rich. Personally I think that if you're blacking pieces out on the exterior and you go with sig silver it will just look off. Both of you should just stick to sig black and run with it, it's gonna look sick!
      01-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #35
atarkatchev
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3AST View Post
In no way, shape or form do these wheels look 'cheap'. The black windows just give the wheels a little more of an aggressive look if that's the look you're going for. It's a little too aggressive for my taste personally, but I'm trying to achieve a 'minimal' look on my e90 and not really going too aggressive. I think the sig black wheels are the perfect combination of classy/aggressive, while still looking absolutely amazing. If you're blacking out the grilles, have black diffusors, trim etc. the sig black will look amazing on your car. I mean just look at the photoshoot of the LCI, it looks aggressive but still VERY rich. Personally I think that if you're blacking pieces out on the exterior and you go with sig silver it will just look off. Both of you should just stick to sig black and run with it, it's gonna look sick!
Thanks a lot although i am blacking the grills, vinyling my roof black and also the trim i am getting a 335is carbon fiber diffuser which i already ordered.

- Allan

Last edited by atarkatchev; 01-18-2011 at 01:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #36
nano10
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3AST View Post
thanks man, now all that is left for MORR to ship these wheels so i can get them on my car and find out first had how it looks. time cant go fast enough
      01-19-2011, 08:20 PM   #37
atarkatchev
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
thanks man, now all that is left for MORR to ship these wheels so i can get them on my car and find out first had how it looks. time cant go fast enough
I know...

- Allan
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 08:29 PM   #38
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

silver
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 08:03 AM   #39
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehoang View Post
I have Sapphire Black and I got the Sig Silver which is the opposite of your color lol. I think Sig Silver would make your AW look classy unless you are going with the aggressive look then get the Sig black. You really can't go wrong with either options but I think Sig Silver would looks badass on your ride. =)
Quote:
First hand experience right here.

In no way do the black windows make the wheels look cheap.

What I see is two different roads. They are different, but none are cheap.

Signature Silver is ELEGANCE.
Signature Black is PERFORMANCE SPORT.

In the same way that an Aston Martin is ELEGANCE.
And a Ferrari is PERFORMANCE SPORT.

Cheers
Appreciate 0