E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Police take down a man.... in a wheelchair

05-23-2011, 07:54 PM   #23
bigslick82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: -

Just because he's in a wheelchair doesn't mean he is innocent. That man could have had a knife on him. He clearly resisted so the cops have the right to protect themselves, the public and even the guy in the wheelchair by taking him down.

The comments on YouTube are hilarious. "Hang the pigs" and "this is why I don't cry when police get shot" and such. Try being a cop in a high-crime area and see if you feel the same way.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #24
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
But in a case like this, they lifted him up and smashed him face-first into the pavement. As soon as they had him lifted up by both arms they had the guy, that's an end of discussion. He's paralyzed from the waist down and now also doesn't have mobility in his upper arms. Why was there a need to go directly from resisting-arrest to face-smashing him against concrete?
What would you have said if they had gotten him out of the wheel chair ,by his hands/arms, and somehow he was able to push himself loose and fall 6 feet to the ground, unable to catch himself, and fell on his head?

Last edited by Freakazoid; 05-23-2011 at 08:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 07:58 PM   #25
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslick82 View Post
Just because he's in a wheelchair doesn't mean he is innocent. That man could have had a knife on him. He clearly resisted so the cops have the right to protect themselves, the public and even the guy in the wheelchair by taking him down.

The comments on YouTube are hilarious. "Hang the pigs" and "this is why I don't cry when police get shot" and such. Try being a cop in a high-crime area and see if you feel the same way.
this as well
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #26
tHegeRm
Got Turbs?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' Lemans Blue 135is

Old but similar:

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #27
ScaredOnce
Very Important
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi (e92)

Garage List
Thumbs down

I think we need smarter cops.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #28
///1M
Captain
Rep
Drives: On a good day, AW 1M coupe

Aren't there more moderate methods to subdue someone like rubber bullets?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #29
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #30
Theme 8
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
      05-23-2011, 09:15 PM   #31
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
Shouldn't have been speeding ...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 09:19 PM   #32
leJUNd
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

If you have any sense... not retarded... you would know you can't win, get away.
1. Your out numbered
2. They have the tools to put you down...
3. Even if #1 and 2 weren't the case... (at least for me) they would still be able to beat you down.
4. They can use any of the above if they feel it's necessary

Your basically at the cop's mercy physically. They have many means to make anyone their bitch and you only have your brain to defend yourself. Why anyone would physically go against a cop is beyond me...

I don't agree with police using excessive force though... I think it was the case in the video. Especially the second one. But then again... he swung a knife? threw a knife... so I don't know. Taser would have been more appropriate... but they already had their guns drawn. With all the guns that were pointed at the guy, some should have been tasers.

Last edited by leJUNd; 05-23-2011 at 09:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 12:40 AM   #33
SchlauCow
Rep
Drives: Honda M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordingi2ime View Post
If you have any sense... not retarded... you would know you can't win, get away.
1. Your out numbered
2. They have the tools to put you down...
3. Even if #1 and 2 weren't the case... (at least for me) they would still be able to beat you down.
4. They can use any of the above if they feel it's necessary

Your basically at the cop's mercy physically. They have many means to make anyone their bitch and you only have your brain to defend yourself. Why anyone would physically go against a cop is beyond me...

I don't agree with police using excessive force though... I think it was the case in the video. Especially the second one. But then again... he swung a knife? threw a knife... so I don't know. Taser would have been more appropriate... but they already had their guns drawn. With all the guns that were pointed at the guy, some should have been tasers.

amazing play by play
      05-24-2011, 01:34 AM   #34
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
What would you have said if they had gotten him out of the wheel chair ,by his hands/arms, and somehow he was able to push himself loose and fall 6 feet to the ground, unable to catch himself, and fell on his head?
Falling down when you're standing doesn't hurt that much. As for the comment about whether or not he might've fallen and hit his head, I'd reason that it'd hurt much less than two cops smashing your face into pavement.

I get the reason why the cops had to cuff him and subdue him. I just don't agree with seeing a handicapped man's face bleeding all over the pavement to do it. He's handicapped for goodness sakes. I don't disagree with the part that force was needed to arrest him after he resisted, but surely we can all agree that was excessive force.
      05-24-2011, 01:45 AM   #35
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
Yep. I don't blame them, they did what they had to do, but really, is that all they could do against a guy in a wheel chair? or criminal in a wheel chair for that matter.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 02:37 AM   #36
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 740i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
We have have them, but they dont end up on youtube because they do their job properly and by the book.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 08:34 AM   #37
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:

Maybe it's just me but, I think an officer needs to take special care with those that are physically impaired. Mentally impaired, however, is a different situation.
A cop a few cities over from me was responding to a call involving a mentally impaired individual. All the cops knew the person and was known to have issues with cops and got out of line every now and again.

The officer showed up intending to use special care with the situation. The mentally impaired person had a gun and shot and killed the officer.

THE COP IS DEAD FOR USING SPECIAL CARE! fuck the handicapped guy. Don't be a too big of a dick to cops /thread!

http://www.odmp.org/officer/18900-officer-jason-west

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 01:05 PM   #38
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
A cop a few cities over from me was responding to a call involving a mentally impaired individual. All the cops knew the person and was known to have issues with cops and got out of line every now and again.

The officer showed up intending to use special care with the situation. The mentally impaired person had a gun and shot and killed the officer.

THE COP IS DEAD FOR USING SPECIAL CARE! fuck the handicapped guy. Don't be a too big of a dick to cops /thread!

http://www.odmp.org/officer/18900-officer-jason-west
Which is why in my post I said that if he were mentally impaired then it'd be a different situation. Take special care with the physically impaired. I don't give a shit about the mentally impaired because they have full access to do crazy stunts like killing people.
      05-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #39
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Just because a guy is in a wheel chair on a street DOESNT mean he is handicapped. If a person has a weapon a cop has full right to use force. Would you want a bunch of pussies to scared to do anything "protecting" us?

What have we learned for this thread?
If you are a cripple, dont try and fight a bunch of cops
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #40
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

I see lazy bums in wheelchairs all the time around here. Simply being in a wheelchair does NOT mean you are of no danger to the cops and does not confirm that you have limited use of your lower extremities.... I can't believe people have sympathy for this guy. Hell, even if he IS a parapalegic, he's a fucking moron for resisting.

If you throw steaks at a grizzly, prepare to get fucked. If you resist arrest, prepare to deal with the "escalation of force". It's that fucking simple, people. Don't fault the cops for the "victim" being a complete douchebag.

And yes, I thought it was awesome that they pepper sprayed that loud mouthed 8 year old. GET SOME
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 01:43 PM   #41
bigslick82
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Which is why in my post I said that if he were mentally impaired then it'd be a different situation. Take special care with the physically impaired. I don't give a shit about the mentally impaired because they have full access to do crazy stunts like killing people.
So the guy in the wheelchair couldn't have a knife, gun, or mental issues? The cops have no idea what they are dealing with. This is why when you get put pulled over, the cop approaches the car with his hand on the gun.

In the first 10 seconds of the video you can see the guy in the chair was resisting. The cops have every right to try to gain control of the situation. Yeah he got his head busted, but that's a lot better than someone getting gravely injured.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #42
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslick82 View Post
So the guy in the wheelchair couldn't have a knife, gun, or mental issues? The cops have no idea what they are dealing with. This is why when you get put pulled over, the cop approaches the car with his hand on the gun.

In the first 10 seconds of the video you can see the guy in the chair was resisting. The cops have every right to try to gain control of the situation. Yeah he got his head busted, but that's a lot better than someone getting gravely injured.
In fact that's their JOB; and if you escalate the situation by resisting then you've no right to complain about them doing it. Now if they'd kicked him on the ground rodney king style..then i'd be raising all sorts of hell.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 01:51 PM   #43
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Now if they'd kicked him on the ground rodney king style..then i'd be raising all sorts of hell.
I probably would have chuckled. Then I would have thought to myself "man, sucks to be that guy" and moved on to the next viral video.

On a separate note, I'd like to say I can't fucking stand bleeding hearts and I think this country is being overrun with them. This thread is a perfect example of that.

Of course, the good Reverends will come on in and make a stink, win a settlement, and take their cut "for the good of America" but we all know it's a crock of bullshit. Those guys need racism to survive in order to line their own pockets. That's why they contribute so heavily to ensure that the racial lines are not thinned or broken.

/tangent
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #44
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I can't believe people have sympathy for this guy.
Society full of wusses. Ding ding ding.