E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Tirerack suck ass!!!

02-07-2007, 04:20 PM   #45
18LLC
Major General
Rep
Drives: e89

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran View Post
i jsut got off the phone with gary@tirerack. my question, "why don't you sell valve stem or tire pressure sensors to people who didn't buy wheels from tirerack?" his answer, " because they have shortage of valve stems and TPM sensors and is saving them for their customer that buys wheels." fuckn lame...
I heard that policy too. they don't sell individual parts to customer because its reserved to the customer who buy the whole package.

You know, when business growing bigger, the care of customer will be smaller.
      02-08-2007, 09:16 AM   #46
Tjoines
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 M3 Convertable

Respons From The Tire Rack

I appreciate everyone's perspective on this issue. It seems we have a shared frustration.

The main problem we have with TPMS sensors is availability. We have been working for several months to build our inventory on all of the different pieces that allow for proper installation. The sensor manufacturers have not been able to meet the our demand. While we have received some parts we still have considerable backorders. When making the temporary decision to only offer TPMS sensors to customers who purchased wheels we were considering our customers. If we had offered them to a all who called we would not have been able to supply them to most customers who wanted to buy wheels or wheels and tires from us if their vehicle requires direct TPMS. We feel this is especially important for customers who are looking for the convenience of a wheel and tire package. If we were not able to supply them the end user would have had to locate new sensors elsewhere or paid to have the factory sensors removed from their OE wheels and installed in the new package. They also would not be able to take advantage of our free mount and balance and miss out on the convenience of bolting on their wheel and tire package without visiting a mechanic.

We have invested heavily in gathering the application information necessary to offer proper TPMS sensors. There is not an accurate TPMS manual available for aftermarket wheels. We test fit every wheel for every direct TPMS equipped vehicle it is designed for and determine the proper sensors and stems. We have a full time position devoted entirely to TPMS equipment and applications. As I said above we have committed to the significant inventory cost in stocking the hundreds of different sensors and stems required to fit the growing range of vehicles that require TPMS once they are readily available from the manufacturers. I don't know of another company that has made this type of investment to be able to properly offer TPMS systems for the wheels sold. Many make no effort to find this information.

This is a temporary situation. The TPMS sensor providers are increasing their production and we expect to have adequate inventory to offer TPMS products for wheels that we offer even if they were purchased elsewhere.

As with other accessories we won't be able to offer them for wheels we do not offer. Each aftermarket manufacture uses unique designs requiring specific shapes to items such as valve stems, centering rings, and TPMS sensors. If we have not had the opportunity to test fit the application we can not be sure it will work. Improperly fitted centering rings can cause a wheel to loosen, even if the wheel was properly torqued when installed, and come off the vehicle while driving. Ill fitting stems can cause the assembly to loose air and cause a catastrophic tire failure. While the person who bought the product may not hold us responsible a third party involved in an accident caused by a failure may attempt to.

We understand that because of the temporary limited availability of TPMS equipment we are going to disappoint some who need to purchase them. It is an unfortunate situation that we can not change quickly. We feel our obligation to customers who are looking to us to provide the convenience of a package mounted and balanced with the TPMS installed is the current priority.

Tim Joines | Director Of Internet Business
__________________________________________________ ________

The Tire Rack
7101 Vorden Parkway
South Bend, IN 46628
O: 800 428 8355 ext. 303
O: 574 287 2345 ext. 303
F: 413 480 5822
tjoines@tirerack.com

http://www.tirerack.com
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2007, 11:49 AM   #47
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
i only wanted 8mm bbs valve stem adapter for my oem tpm. are you telling me you are running low on those too???
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2007, 12:01 PM   #48
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
U know being a e90post sponsor u should take care of us e90 customers whether we buy a wheel package or not!!!
Why else are u here???

To let us know that u only sell to higher paying customers at the moment??
THAts the lamest excuse ive ever heard from a business!!

You pay to represent here and yet u cant take care of the customers on here?

That horrible customer service if ive ever seen it!!

Dont think ill be purchasing anything else from you know that ive seen your real side!!!
      02-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #49
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

Its called being GREEDY. So if you buy your Playstation 3 at Wal-mart, then Target cant sell you any games or accessories since you didnt buy from them. I think Wal-mart and Target would have went out of business if they ran their business like this.
      02-08-2007, 12:07 PM   #50
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 快車

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjoines View Post
I appreciate everyone's perspective on this issue. It seems we have a shared frustration.

The main problem we have with TPMS sensors is availability. We have been working for several months to build our inventory on all of the different pieces that allow for proper installation. The sensor manufacturers have not been able to meet the our demand. While we have received some parts we still have considerable backorders. When making the temporary decision to only offer TPMS sensors to customers who purchased wheels we were considering our customers. If we had offered them to a all who called we would not have been able to supply them to most customers who wanted to buy wheels or wheels and tires from us if their vehicle requires direct TPMS. We feel this is especially important for customers who are looking for the convenience of a wheel and tire package. If we were not able to supply them the end user would have had to locate new sensors elsewhere or paid to have the factory sensors removed from their OE wheels and installed in the new package. They also would not be able to take advantage of our free mount and balance and miss out on the convenience of bolting on their wheel and tire package without visiting a mechanic.

We have invested heavily in gathering the application information necessary to offer proper TPMS sensors. There is not an accurate TPMS manual available for aftermarket wheels. We test fit every wheel for every direct TPMS equipped vehicle it is designed for and determine the proper sensors and stems. We have a full time position devoted entirely to TPMS equipment and applications. As I said above we have committed to the significant inventory cost in stocking the hundreds of different sensors and stems required to fit the growing range of vehicles that require TPMS once they are readily available from the manufacturers. I don't know of another company that has made this type of investment to be able to properly offer TPMS systems for the wheels sold. Many make no effort to find this information.

This is a temporary situation. The TPMS sensor providers are increasing their production and we expect to have adequate inventory to offer TPMS products for wheels that we offer even if they were purchased elsewhere.

As with other accessories we won't be able to offer them for wheels we do not offer. Each aftermarket manufacture uses unique designs requiring specific shapes to items such as valve stems, centering rings, and TPMS sensors. If we have not had the opportunity to test fit the application we can not be sure it will work. Improperly fitted centering rings can cause a wheel to loosen, even if the wheel was properly torqued when installed, and come off the vehicle while driving. Ill fitting stems can cause the assembly to loose air and cause a catastrophic tire failure. While the person who bought the product may not hold us responsible a third party involved in an accident caused by a failure may attempt to.

We understand that because of the temporary limited availability of TPMS equipment we are going to disappoint some who need to purchase them. It is an unfortunate situation that we can not change quickly. We feel our obligation to customers who are looking to us to provide the convenience of a package mounted and balanced with the TPMS installed is the current priority.

The Tire Rack
7101 Vorden Parkway
South Bend, IN 46628
tjoines@tirerack.com

I appreciate the response and explanation offered in your post. I think from Long's perspective, it was frustrating because the image Tirerack gives off through customer service is "if you didn't buy from us, we won't help at all."

I am sure as a director of business, you understand very well how important customer relations is to you being able to push your product even if you have a oligopoly on the market. It was just the sales people did not explain the policy but merely offered "we won't serve you unless you bought from us."

I hope you can see from our standpoint, that is pretty hard to swallow, when you do your research and wish to purchase a part, only to find that simply because you are being discriminated against simply because you were not a previous customer.

I think if you have another customer coming your way and looking for these rare sensors, that you will offer up the same explanation here.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2007, 12:07 PM   #51
Tjoines
United_States
Rep

The 8mm bbs metal Valve stem won't properly secure the the OE sensors to the wheel. It requires a unique valve stem produced by the sensor manufacturer Beru.
We have bbs valve stems and would offer it with only the part # from the wheel so we can ensure we select the correct part.
We are currently low on stock on most sensor pieces.
What is the application you are working on? Is it the LM165 on an E90?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2007, 12:16 PM   #52
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
The 8mm bbs metal Valve stem won't properly secure the the OE sensors to the wheel. It requires a unique valve stem produced by the sensor manufacturer Beru.
We have bbs valve stems and would offer it with only the part # from the wheel so we can ensure we select the correct part.
I'm trying to fit LMs on the e92 335. as you know only the e92 335 need TPM. i wasnt looking for tpm, i already have them. i just needed the adapter valve stem to hold it. i already contacted bbs usa and this is what they told me to get to use with my oem tpm. so i called tirerack to order it and they refused it to me.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2007, 12:17 PM   #53
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep

Quote:
You are still ignoring the fact that your sales staff states that "If you dont buy from us, we cant help you." That has nothing to do with a part not being available.
      02-08-2007, 12:23 PM   #54
Tjoines
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuerstBMW View Post
Its called being GREEDY. So if you buy your Playstation 3 at Wal-mart, then Target cant sell you any games or accessories since you didnt buy from them. I think Wal-mart and Target would have went out of business if they ran their business like this.

I do see a difference here. Because of the scarcity of the sensors we are temporarily unable to properly replenish our stock. It would be as if the PS3 had did not come with power cords and they were more PS3s than power cords. The PS3s on the shelf would not be sellable. Without sensors we are unable to provide full packages to customers who need them. It is a difficult situation. A customer could be equally upset with us if we had sold out the pieces individually. We advertise we can offer wheel and tire packages with the proper TPMS. We have a responsibility to attempt to make them available for what we have advertised.
We expect the shortage to end soon and to be able to offer the parts as needed.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2007, 12:24 PM   #55
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 快車

Quote:
Does that mean there is shortage of adapter valve stem as well?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2007, 12:28 PM   #56
uhaulball
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 330xi

Too much mumbo jumbo makes for confusion.

Long needs the Valve Stem Adapters.. not the sensors. Please supply. Thank you.
      02-08-2007, 12:29 PM   #57
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep

Quote:
You will offer to whom? To those who bought the wheels from you?
You dont seem to get it. How can your staff state " We cant help you unless you bought from us." and then come on here and instead of apoligizing for the rudeness of your staff, you try to explain that the part wasnt in stock.
      02-08-2007, 12:30 PM   #58
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Trying to think about this from an unbiased point of few, and just thinking out loud:

Out of curiosity, how many of the parts (power cords in your analogy) that longtran needs do you have in stock?? How many of these full packages with that part do you estimate to be sold before you "expect the shortage to end soon and to be able to offer the parts as needed." I am just asking for numbers to give us an idea..

Longtran is one of e90post's most active and mod-happy members. He goes through wheels like tissues. Everytime I see pictures of his car, the wheels are different. He had a bad experience with Tirerack, and just wants his wheels to work obviously. Why not make things right? Are selling 4 pieces to him going to make that big of a deal? I couldn't see that happening. Although what I could see happening is someone on this site debating a purchase on your website, seeing this thread, and then ordering from someone else. Here is a chance to make things right, and put a good word out to this website and its members..

I don't know, just thinking out loud.. I would think situations like this could really help your reputation for this website in the long run. Again, that's why I asked for the exact number..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2007, 12:33 PM   #59
Tjoines
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuerstBMW View Post
You will offer to whom? To those who bought the wheels from you?
You dont seem to get it. How can your staff state " We cant help you unless you bought from us." and then come on here and instead of apoligizing for the rudeness of your staff, you try to explain that the part wasnt in stock.
I agree, and apologize for both the original poor explanation our staff offered of the situation and that I did not address this. We should have offered a more complete explanation of the issue. It is an unusual situation and it seems we did not give the reps the proper training or information in how to discuss this. It is rare for us not to offer parts for wheels we sell for applications we offer without any requirment for where they were purchased. The only exception would be for wheels we do not sell as we would not be able to verify the correct application.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2007, 12:39 PM   #60
Tjoines
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran View Post
I'm trying to fit LMs on the e92 335. as you know only the e92 335 need TPM. i wasnt looking for tpm, i already have them. i just needed the adapter valve stem to hold it. i already contacted bbs usa and this is what they told me to get to use with my oem tpm. so i called tirerack to order it and they refused it to me.
The stem is part of the TPM. The OE TPM sensors are not supplied with a stem. They are sold seperatly from Beru, the bbs stem will not secure the sensor to the wheel.
I want to make sure I clearly understand the part you are looking for. It is not simply the valve stem cap but the entire valve stem, correct?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2007, 12:41 PM   #61
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
The only exception would be for wheels we do not sell as we would not be able to verify the correct application.
i already know the correct application since your co-workers didnt know. i got the info from bbs-usa. i have the part number ready to go. what is the excuse for not selling??? i dont get it...

1. you dont sell sensors. fine

2. you dont know the application for the wheels. fine.

3. i got the right part number for the adapters, even if it was wrong it will be my fault and keep the valve adapter. since i was the one that provided the part number.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2007, 12:43 PM   #62
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
The stem is part of the TPM. The OE TPM sensors are not supplied with a stem. They are sold seperatly from Beru, the bbs stem will not secure the sensor to the wheel.
I want to make sure I clearly understand the part you are looking for. It is not simply the valve stem cap but the entire valve stem, correct?
bbs usa told me to use part no. 09.15.094. he said it will fit the oe tpm sensors.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2007, 03:07 PM   #63
Tjoines
United_States
Rep

Thanks,
That is different than the normal BBS valve stem for a LM165 (09.15.036.) 09.15.094 is a Beru sensor valve stem that is available through bbs. The difference between it and a normal valve stem is the portion that sits "inside" of the wheel. It has a rounded base that allows the sensor angle to be changed for different wheel applications, a threaded end, and a small torx head bolt that attaches it to the sensor. Because it is an item we can now buy from BBS we can replenish our stock. If you are interested I can send you a set at no charge because of the confusion. Give me a call directly if I can help.

We do expect that very shortly the supply issues will be corrected and we will be able to offer sensors and sensor accessories with out restrictions. I agree this is an unusual situation that we tried to avoid but we simply could not acquire adequate supply. I would imagine

here are a couple of tech articles we wrote regarding TPMS systems
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=44
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...jsp?techid=152

Again, I applogize for the frustration our policy has caused and that our follow up and explanation was less than satisfactory. Our reps are not used to saying no on a product and we did not give them adequete resources to handle the situation.

The Tire Rack
7101 Vorden Parkway
South Bend, IN 46628
tjoines@tirerack.com

Last edited by Tjoines; 02-08-2007 at 03:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2007, 03:55 PM   #64
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Awesome Response!!!

Man do I like happy endings..

Tim @ Tirerack FTW!!

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2007, 09:08 PM   #65
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
pshhhh after he already got them from somewhere else!!!!!!
Hes already got em installed guys!!! bug him for pics
      02-08-2007, 09:47 PM   #66
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD View Post
pshhhh after he already got them from somewhere else!!!!!!
Hes already got em installed guys!!! bug him for pics
Where are the pix!!!??!?!?!?!?!?
Appreciate 0