E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > BMW company cars?

06-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #1
vexith
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 320D M Sport

BMW company cars?

I see a lot of people here who have BMW's leased by companies. I've always been curious about the actual job role they have.

So for the people that have been leased BMW's, whats your job role as and how does all this work? Is the car paid of by the company?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 04:11 AM   #2
Beaky
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 (C7) S Line

Hi,

I've had a few BMW's as company cars and is the easiest option for me as I have not had my 'own' car for nearly 20 years!

Simple system really - at our company we either get Need cars for those who travel regularly but would not have one as a perk. Our internal lease value is £400/month for these but that doesn't mean a lot - generally you'll get a 118d MSport

Next few levels - £450/month and £500/month are perk cars and these go up to 320d in various specs and we always add pro nav and then whatever else you can get within your value band. Excluding seat coverings and alloys weirdly.

My last BMW was a 520d MSport Auto and our fleet guy asked if I wanted everything thrown at it which he did. Multi CD player on a '58 plate car was a bit odd but the rest were useful. I am an Ops Director with contract turnover of c£50m and up to 1,300 staff depending on time of year.

As to how it works, I get paid for fuel so have a fuel card and just get taxed a fixed amount per month on the car and then dont have to worry about anything else - my current car had 4 tyres on Monday and is in for Service today - my only worry was getting back to work from the garage as we dont even see the invoice. I can't remember exactly but it costs me something like £400 per month in tax to have the car and fuel for free if that makes sense.

Rich.

Current: Audi A6 (C7) S Line

Last edited by Beaky; 06-26-2013 at 05:03 AM..
Appreciate 0