E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > cf csl lip spoiler... link.. thoughts?

02-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
Andrewe92
enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 lci 335xi

Garage List
cf csl lip spoiler... link.. thoughts?

hey guys im looking for that next mod and I think this one might be nice . I know some of you guys think csl trunk look is rice , but i like it and I also don't feel like replacing the whole trunk so a lip is the next best thing plus apparently this is real cf for a good price and it's got a high kick to it... what you guys think

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIT-FOR-BMW-...32c5a2&vxp=mtr
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
BRGmatthew
Bausman
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the block

Quote:
Originally Posted by missilewarriorz View Post
hey guys im looking for that next mod and I think this one might be nice . I know some of you guys think csl trunk look is rice , but i like it and I also don't feel like replacing the whole trunk so a lip is the next best thing plus apparently this is real cf for a good price and it's got a high kick to it... what you guys think

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIT-FOR-BMW-...32c5a2&vxp=mtr
First, I know you said you dont feel like replacing your whole trunk, you should. Second, from my opinion I think the csl lip looks tacky and fake. Third, if you really want to get the lip you should to see who has purchased a nice fitting lip or ask some of the vendors if they have lips, because more than likely that ebay one will fit horribly.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
Andrewe92
enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGmatthew View Post
First, I know you said you dont feel like replacing your whole trunk, you should. Second, from my opinion I think the csl lip looks tacky and fake. Third, if you really want to get the lip you should to see who has purchased a nice fitting lip or ask some of the vendors if they have lips, because more than likely that ebay one will fit horribly.
well that was kinda the point of this tread was to see if anyone recognized the ebay post and can confirm it's finish and it.. or for someone to provide insight with something they purchased similar but your right having it one piece csl looks right compared to just a lip =/ its just really pricy
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
hipnotic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
2008 335i coupe  [7.00]
i have a vorsteiner cf csl add on because they didn't come out with the full trunk replacement back then. The fitment on vorsteiner is pretty much 99%. Lots of ppl thought I had the full trunk replacement. But I am thinking of getting a full replacement in the near future. But to be honest it doesn't look bad at all but don't expect it to kick up high. The ebay link i would not trust unless you or someone had experience because i heard these add on spoilers fitment are terrible
      02-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #5
Andrewe92
enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipnotic
i have a vorsteiner cf csl add on because they didn't come out with the full trunk replacement back then. The fitment on vorsteiner is pretty much 99%. Lots of ppl thought I had the full trunk replacement. But I am thinking of getting a full replacement in the near future. But to be honest it doesn't look bad at all but don't expect it to kick up high. The ebay link i would not trust unless you or someone had experience because i heard these add on spoilers fitment are terrible
Yeah I think I'm gunna give up on having a CSL trunk for now lol
Appreciate 0