E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Gtechniq

12-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
e92liv
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10

Gtechniq

Bought some of the Gtechniq G1 this week and I'm very impressed!
Rated lifetime of up to 2yers / 30k miles!

Who else has this on their glass? How long does it really last?

The C4 permanent trim restorer (rated at a lifetime of up to 2years also, I think) also sounds like a good product to invest in!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
Jedimindtrix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpina D3 MT

G1 is great had it on my car for 1.5 years, the rest of the range is over-hyped IMHO.

I've a spare bottle of C4 that I'm not going to use if your interested.

Cheers.

Alpina D3 sold 2015
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
quattrogmbh
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

It really does last as long as it says on the tin..

It drops back a bit toward the end of its life, but the great part is you can do spot repairs with G1. For example, just reapply it where it starts to fail (Typically where the wipers change direction)

You'll also find that where grime do longer sticks to the wiper blades, that you'll develop a greasy film on the glass. Just clean it with some Fairy liquid and normal service will be resumed.

As with all products of this nature, good preparation is vital. If the glass is not chemically clean, G1 will not bond and lifespan will be much lower.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
e92liv
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina-d3 View Post
G1 is great had it on my car for 1.5 years, the rest of the range is over-hyped IMHO.

I've a spare bottle of C4 that I'm not going to use if your interested.

Cheers.
Cheers buddy you have PM
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2012, 03:09 PM   #5
Jedimindtrix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpina D3 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrogmbh View Post
It really does last as long as it says on the tin..

It drops back a bit toward the end of its life, but the great part is you can do spot repairs with G1. For example, just reapply it where it starts to fail (Typically where the wipers change direction)

You'll also find that where grime do longer sticks to the wiper blades, that you'll develop a greasy film on the glass. Just clean it with some Fairy liquid and normal service will be resumed.

As with all products of this nature, good preparation is vital. If the glass is not chemically clean, G1 will not bond and lifespan will be much lower.
+1 the wipers will judder after application but this will dissapear after a few rain showers.

A lot of the G-techniq products are the same product but re-bottled with differant names, ie C1, C4 and C5 are the same product i think.

There was a long tedious thread about this on Detailing World a lot of handbags were thrown around at the time as per usual.

Alpina D3 sold 2015
Appreciate 0