E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > One out Angel Eye

05-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
Brett335i
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i Coupe (Silver)

One out Angel Eye

This is an informative thread for those who cant afford to spend $200.00 dollars on a light bulb. There are no pictures because it isn't necessary.

-For the past couple weeks I have been saying to myself "I need to get the angel eye light replaced on the passenger side of my headlights". My e92, like most newer BMWs, has 4 circle angel eye lights. The one on the far right side of the car (passenger side) was not working, but the one right next to it (still passenger side) was nice and bright. I didnt know anything about it and just thought the bulb needed to be fixed. THAT WAS NOT TRUE. If you are having this same exact problem, listen up!

-I opened the access hatch on top of the headlight and realized that the entire bulb assembly was not secured all the way. All I had to do was turn the bulb assembly clockwise until it "clicked" snug, and the light was shining once again.

The way it works: The bulb is all one unit, but the light comes from 2 sources on the end. Both of these sources have specific spots they have to shine into. If the assembly isn't turned tightly into the headlight, those 2 sources wont shine in the direction they are supposed to.

I hope this helps someone out. I wish someone had made a post like this when I was all flustered. LOL If anyone actually needs pictures, let me know and I will go out to my car and take some. ENJOY!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
miringrains
Banned
Rep
Drives: '11.5 M3 E93

This just in, man landed on the moon
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
Brett335i
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i Coupe (Silver)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miringrains View Post
This just in, man landed on the moon
HAHA very funny. I am just trying to be helpful.
Appreciate 0