E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Insurance Question

10-15-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM

Question Insurance Question

OK so as most of you know, my car was rear ended by a yelllow cab 6 WEEKS AGO! I still haven't been sent a check for the damages by the yellow cabs insurance company.

I've taken my car to MAC to do the repairs but since they never got a check yet, I've taken my car back (since its drivable). MAC suggested I don't go thru my insurance, to just send the cab all my info with the police report and let them pay for everything.

My question is, WHY SHOULDN'T I go thru MY insurance??? I have full coverage for a reason, why don't I just let Allstate pay and let THEM worry about getting the money back from the cab??? Is it because my insurance rate might go up?? I don't see how it would being that I was stopped at a red light and the cab ADMITS FAULT on the police report...???

I'm just VERY VERY VERY VERY frustrated and TIRED of calling these assholes asking where my money is and sending them letters from my lawyer...

Thanks for any help in advance.

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 09:48 PM   #2
emaile
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

What up Alpine,
Once you file a police report the accident will show on your DMV record. So your insurance could go up due to the no fault law in NY state. At this point you can contact your insurance company and have them handle it.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #3
kushtrim
Major
Albania
Rep
Drives: AW 528 xdrive (AW 335i coupe s

Garage List
2008 335i coupe  [10.00]
you have to pay the dedoctoble anyway so your going to have to deal with them anyway cuz they have to pay you that amount , just call and yell at them, it helps cuz I had the same problem ones
M-tech front and rear bumpers /M3 style side skirts/gloss black painted roof/ black window trim/Matt black grill/35%tints/4"dimisaTips/CF splitters/M3 style trunk spoiler/VMR V70s/JB4/BMS dci/AMS FMIC/H&R sport with BMW performance shocks.
Thanx Sal and he's crew@AutoCoutureMotoring
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 11:34 PM   #4
Racerxy1
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

I'm an Allstate Agent.

Respond with your e-mail and I'll send you my tel # and we can discuss it.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 12:02 AM   #5
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528iT, E53 X5, E46 325xi

my coworker just got hit by a cab in his car. Cabbie insurance is the lowest ranking scum out there...they will never pay for shit at all..and you have to fight them good for it to get them to pay anything.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 10:15 AM   #6
TT3 iN NyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CS

Your best bet would be going thru your own insurance and let them fight it out with the cabbie insurance. They have more resources and should get the money quicker. Im probably sure you are extremely frustrated but this is the quickest way to have your car back on the road. Good luck bro.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #7
Joe @ Martino Auto Concepts
Banned
Rep
Drives: Wide Body E92 M3

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Whiteboy View Post
OK so as most of you know, my car was rear ended by a yelllow cab 6 WEEKS AGO! I still haven't been sent a check for the damages by the yellow cabs insurance company.

I've taken my car to MAC to do the repairs but since they never got a check yet, I've taken my car back (since its drivable). MAC suggested I don't go thru my insurance, to just send the cab all my info with the police report and let them pay for everything.

My question is, WHY SHOULDN'T I go thru MY insurance??? I have full coverage for a reason, why don't I just let Allstate pay and let THEM worry about getting the money back from the cab??? Is it because my insurance rate might go up?? I don't see how it would being that I was stopped at a red light and the cab ADMITS FAULT on the police report...???

I'm just VERY VERY VERY VERY frustrated and TIRED of calling these assholes asking where my money is and sending them letters from my lawyer...

Thanks for any help in advance.
Sent you a PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #8
Ali.K_BMW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Go through insurance. The insurance company will go after the CAB company for payment. They will also recover your deductible.
      10-17-2010, 08:00 AM   #9
E31BMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cars!

I've been through this
Multiple times. If you get hit, and it's not your fault - therefore your insurance doesn't pay out, your rate wont go up. There is no need to pay your deductible to fix your car. You will have to fight the cabbie's ins down for the money. I'm sure u'll get it.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 01:26 PM   #10
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by e31e92 View Post
I've been through this
Multiple times. If you get hit, and it's not your fault - therefore your insurance doesn't pay out, your rate wont go up. There is no need to pay your deductible to fix your car. You will have to fight the cabbie's ins down for the money. I'm sure u'll get it.
This is the best advice...

call the cabs insurance company.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #11
jmar0351
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackfiend View Post
Go through insurance. The insurance company will go after the CAB company for payment. They will also recover your deductible.
I agree with you *story to follow*.....

I had recently moved from Hawaii to New York and informed my insurance company (state farm). They managed to send two letters to the wrong address after I called them to update to an office out here (this was before I was driving, since it took a month to get the car here)
Many more things happen... but eventually they sent a letter dropping me (no call at all... and still to the wrong address AND i was fully paid for the year). Of course, I got into an accident where I was very lucky to not be the one at fault. I end up finding out all the bs, so I went after the other guys insurance and got 70/30 payment just by myself. The moral of this long story is, that if my insurance wasn't giving me the run around I would have gotten his insurance to cover everything.

Let your insurance do their job, especially if you got rear-ended, and call that insurance rep, he can give you some inside info. (and good luck)
Appreciate 0