E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Automatically unlock all doors

01-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #23
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i

I think I need to be a bit more specific:

No CA, no iDrive, there's an option in the BC for automatically locking the doors:
-on a timer
-on a distance meter
-not at all.

The ideal would be on a meter, with the doors auto-unlocking on fob eject. But the specifically mentioned coding doesn't seem to work in that situation.

In lieu of auto lock then auto unlock, I'm currently not using auto lock, which is non-ideal.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #24
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwhittemore View Post
I think I need to be a bit more specific:

No CA, no iDrive, there's an option in the BC for automatically locking the doors:
-on a timer
-on a distance meter
-not at all.

The ideal would be on a meter, with the doors auto-unlocking on fob eject. But the specifically mentioned coding doesn't seem to work in that situation.

In lieu of auto lock then auto unlock, I'm currently not using auto lock, which is non-ideal.
Well there is your answer which I already told you...If You dont have the car autolock when you drive off, the auto-unlock WILL NOT work when you eject key fob...
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #25
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Well there is your answer which I already told you...If You dont have the car autolock when you drive off, the auto-unlock WILL NOT work when you eject key fob...
That was enabled, yet unlock on eject did not work at that time. I really don't know how to make that clearer.

I'd like to hear confirmation of this from someone without CA, is really what I'm getting at.

EDIT: I FINALLY understand what you were trying to say: after coding as above, the car will only auto-unlock on key-out IF the auto-locking function was responsible for the previous LOCK action, i.e. regardless of whether the auto-lock function is enabled, a manual locking action will override the auto-unlock function and such will not happen on key-out.

In other words, my previous experiment was bad in that, though auto-lock was ON, I was personally locking the car rather than driving off and waiting for it to lock. Such would override the auto-unlock, regardless of whether I drove after that.

I just went out to the car, turned on auto-lock, drove around the block far enough for it to lock, then came home - auto unlock works as it should.

Thanks for the info!

Last edited by alexwhittemore; 01-17-2013 at 01:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 03:06 AM   #26
BmerMeUp
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cinderella: 2008 E91 328xi

Alex. Buddy. Too funny.
Well... I'm glad it finally works.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 06:53 AM   #27
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Wow. I didn't think I could make it more clear then I did two posts prior to this one of mine.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #28
braveplayer3160
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328I Coupe

I just want to chime in here to confirm what has already been posted with a bit more specific background info that I think might help.

Build Date: January, 2007
Model: e92
Comfort Access: NO

I just want to detail that with the equipment above I was able to code the Door Unlock/Auto Eject (Key fob) on my vehicle this morning and it works without issue. So (at least for my year) it did not matter that I DID NOT have comfort access and the coding still works (as long as you follow the directions above properly.)

Now, as noted in the previous posts you MUST have the automatic door lock function programed (which can be done through iDrive and, the BC stalk (for non-iDrive equipped vehicles) in order for the coding to function properly. I know because when I initially coded the functions they did not work. After reading this entire thread I gathered that I needed to turn on the automatic door locking for the coding to work. I went ahead and used the button (BC) to navigate to the correct menu, turned on automatic locking and saved my setting. I then drove the car, pulled into my driveway parked, depressed the "start/stop" button (AND HELD IT DOWN FOR A COUPLE OF SECONDS) and the doors unlocked and the key auto ejected. Hope this helps to clear-up and confusion people reading might have.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #29
dtaylor88
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

OK one last question on auto-locking and auto-unlocking:

I DONT have the option to auto-unlock ALL doors from the key fob on my menus above the steering wheel. I have a 2006 325i. They apparently did not have this as an option yet.

Is there ANY way through coding that i can program the key fob to UNLOCK ALL DOORS WITH ONE PRESS?

And is there ANY way to have all doors auto-lock on drive away, and auto-unlock on vehicle stop?

thank you thank you thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #30
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtaylor88 View Post
OK one last question on auto-locking and auto-unlocking:

I DONT have the option to auto-unlock ALL doors from the key fob on my menus above the steering wheel. I have a 2006 325i. They apparently did not have this as an option yet.

Is there ANY way through coding that i can program the key fob to UNLOCK ALL DOORS WITH ONE PRESS?

And is there ANY way to have all doors auto-lock on drive away, and auto-unlock on vehicle stop?

thank you thank you thank you!
Again you have to access the menu via the BC functions...Its the stalk on the left hand side of the steering wheel...There is a button labeled BC...You have this function on your car. Accessing the BC functionality is NOT on your steering wheel..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #31
dtaylor88
Rep

cn555 thanks for responding to me!

What I am trying to say is I DON'T have that option on my stalk next to my steering wheel. I'm technical so believe me it's not there.

I have a 2006 325i with a production date of "08/05" so maybe that option was not in my version of the software.

And i have looked over the coding spreadsheet available on this forum and i dont see that option on there!

Does anybody have another code list that would cover my car?

thanks again for your help!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #32
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

You're a super early 2006.
In your case it's a Vehicle Order option unlike mid-year 2006 and up 3ers.
I had to do it for someone like you as well.
Add $8S3 to you're vehicle order, FA_Write to CAS and FRM then reprogram the car.
You'll have to go back and re-do your custom codes... but BAM your auto unlock and lock will now function.

Have fun.

PS. Here is an option list I posted so you can see where this info came from:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717103
(Search S8S3A)
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 12:01 AM   #33
dtaylor88
Rep

Thanks for the reply Grant.

So can you do programming remotely? I'm in Cincinnati. I am technical if that helps any.

And how much would it cost about?

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:01 AM   #34
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Shot you a PM
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2018, 09:39 PM   #35
skiboarder119
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330i Sport 6M

Sorry, i think reviving this old thread is important. I could not find this very specific topic answered anywhere else. It was close here but did not work.

The question is about early 2006 E90s. Mine is a July 2005 built 330i. The car automatically locks when I drive away. There are no options for locking in the BC menu. I successfully coded it to have the fob pop out and the drivers door to unlock when i hold the Start/Stop button for 2 seconds to turn it off.

The problem is when I go to get my kid out of the back seat the door is still locked!!!

I do have $8S3 (or at least I think I did since my doors have always locked when I drive away and I can't turn it off, I tried to add it to my VO anyway, and wrote it to CAS and FRM anyway just to make sure).

Is there actually a way to make ALL the doors unlock? not just the drivers door on these super early E90s?
Appreciate 0