E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Suspension Changed.....Weird Noises.

11-07-2014, 01:52 AM   #1
Gazza0210
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320i

Suspension Changed.....Weird Noises.

Morning ,

I had a set of coilovers fitted a few months back. They were perfect to start with then about six weeks in they started knocking and the steering would knock and creak when the car was moving at low speeds. You could feel it through the steering.

I had enough of all the knocking and bit the bullet and went for a Bilstein/Eibach combination of normal shocks rather than coilovers. They have been absolutely perfect, no knocking from the dreaded front passenger side as before, BUT the bloody knocking and creaking has returned in the steering after about a month of them being on.

I first thought maybe one of the control arms, track rod ends etc etc but if it was then would it not knock all the time, not just when the suspension seems to have bedded in.

I had new Lemforder droplinks installed when the suspension was done so I know its not those and there was new topmounts installed on the front when the Bilsteins went on.

Its baffling the hell out of me, anyone have any ideas??

The car is a 2006 e90 320i with 70k on the clock.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Appreciate 0