E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > "BC" - On Board Computer Issue - Pls Help

06-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #1
ctt335i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i 6A

Exclamation "BC" - On Board Computer Issue - Pls Help

Posted this on Bimmerfest... thought I would try here.

08 335i, 6,000 miles. Nav, Comfort Access

Hey guys, finally got around to taking my car in to get the "On Board Computer" checked out. Service guys apparently spent all day today trying to figure it out. My service rep just called and said they are "stumped." They want to keep it overnight and continue trying to troubleshoot tomorrow.

What I do know...
1.) Neither the "BC" button nor the toggle switches on the stalk do anything - no response to driver input.
2.) They work perfectly every 10th time you drive the car or so.
3.) If you take it on a long drive, it will all of the sudden starts rushing through all the menus on its own. Kinda like when your computer is running slow and finally catches up to all the "clicks".

CALLING ALL TECHNICIANS!! Have you seen/heard of this before??? They folks at Nalley BMW have been awesome but they have me in a very basic 328i and I really want my car back (no offense)! Plus, I am really OCD about my car and the thought of them starting and stopping the engine over and over again drives me a little nuts.