E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Do you give your CA/SA gifts?

03-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
RVExotics
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3 REx

Do you give your CA/SA gifts?

Definitely a noob question but I'm still relatively new to buying luxury level cars. I've seen anecdotal reports of customers who give their CAs or SAs gifts like liquor, cigars, gift cards, etc. Is this rare? I would probably feel a bit awkward bringing in a bottle of scotch or something and handing it to my CA without knowing well ahead of time what he likes, which would be difficult to find out without suspicious questioning.

I'm asking because I'm a week or two away from taking delivery of a car I ordered, which will be the 4th one either myself or my partner has bought at this dealership in the past few years (one used, two new, and this one will be new). I kinda think our repeat business is gift enough...but I know my CA and his sales manager really bent over backward to get me not only an allocation for this car, but a pretty big discount. I would like to show my appreciation at delivery but I would also like to know this is a normal practice people actually do before proceeding.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
Joopster
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sport

I didn't give my CA a gift. My gift to him was my purchase of my first-ever BMW from his dealership (vs. other dealerships). If all goes well I will go back to the same dealership for all my future BMW car purchases. This will be my long-term gift to them.

I also requested more gifts from him at the time of my purchase: 4 all-weather floor mats, which I got. Not a big deal at all for the CA. I probably could have gotten more freebies...didn't want to push it.

But I get what you're saying.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
I usually give my SA a christmas gift as a way of saying thanks for taking care of me. I also make sure I fill out all the surveys with 10's across the board. He make's sure my alcantara steering wheel is always wrapped, and my car is never washed. He's also realistic about my mods (and knows I track the car) and has never questioned a warranty repair.

Once you find the right SA you need to take care of them so they take care of you.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
HpDellNestle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4

Buying BMW is the same as buying a Toyota, the same as buying a Kia. You think too much.
Appreciate 0