E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > European driving vacation +2 grand prix

08-18-2012, 01:52 AM   #1
FLUTE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92

European driving vacation +2 grand prix

Hi, looking forward to setting off in two weeks on our holiday. Arriving in amsterdam then driving to spa for the belgium grand prix. Then off to frankfurt for 3 nights on the way to monza for the italian grand prix. Freiburg, strausberg and cologne on the way back. Should be epic especially driving my 335i.

Pictures will follow in a month or so.

Flute
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 02:45 AM   #2
AdamC
Captain
Rep
Drives: LCI M135i

Garage List
Wow sounds like an excellent trip. I have been saying for a few years now that I would love to go on a road trip to Spa for the GP.
I go to the Brittish and Spanish GP's most years.

To do Spa and Italy in one go would be awesome. Make sure you take plenty of pics and have a great time!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 06:02 AM   #3
baz_4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320d

I am driving to Spa too! First time driving to Europe!! Just going for the long weekend. Would be amazing to go to two grand prix's!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #4
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

I went on a European trip last month. Went to Zurich, Milan, Pisa, Venice, Austria, Munich, Aachen, Belgium. Was amazing. You will love driving in Europe.

Make sure you pass through the Black Forest in Germany on your way to Italy from Frankfurt. Go to a small town called Oppenau, then set navigation to shortest distance to wherever (maybe Zurich?). This will navigate you right through the heart of the Black Forest. Its honestly one of the best drives i have ever done.

Equally as good make sure you take the Grimsel Pass in Switzerland. Its an amazing mountain road that takes you right up in the Alps.

These two routes will live long in your memory.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 11:53 PM   #5
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Coming soon-718 Cayman S

make sure you don't drive when you're tired!!

I did my first europe trip with my uni friends and it's so awsome driving in europe!

One more thing, check if all your plastic if they expires soon, you gonna need them

Now: 718 Cayman GTS / F83 M4
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 11:55 PM   #6
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Coming soon-718 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
I went on a European trip last month. Went to Zurich, Milan, Pisa, Venice, Austria, Munich, Aachen, Belgium. Was amazing. You will love driving in Europe.

Make sure you pass through the Black Forest in Germany on your way to Italy from Frankfurt. Go to a small town called Oppenau, then set navigation to shortest distance to wherever (maybe Zurich?). This will navigate you right through the heart of the Black Forest. Its honestly one of the best drives i have ever done.

Equally as good make sure you take the Grimsel Pass in Switzerland. Its an amazing mountain road that takes you right up in the Alps.

These two routes will live long in your memory.
Wow what did you do when you get to venice? Did u leave the car and take a boat to the island? Or u did a james bond style retrofit kit to drive on water?

Now: 718 Cayman GTS / F83 M4
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 04:16 AM   #7
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Sounds amazing, and if planned well will be fantastic.

I've never been to Spa but have always wanted to. Wonderful circuit. I have had the pleasure of going to Monza for a GT race as a young boy with my father in '95 as a guest of Gulf Maclaren F1.

I have to say the Atmosphere is electric. I'll never forget it.

Have a great time!!
      08-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #8
ian_m
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e90 330 d

Garage List
spa is very good i have been for the 24 hr race on a number of occasions, its is hilly and a real bugger to walk

would love to do monza in the September sunshine looks a superb setting
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 04:07 PM   #9
FLUTE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92

Gents, thanks for the replies. Yip it will be an epic journey. We have planned it since last October where during a few pints the seed was sawn. I was only wanting to do the spa but with Monza the week after it was just toooo good to miss. We have excellent hotels booked along the way and all tickets are here. The route is planned and I even have walkie talkies I case we get lost.we have picked many places we have wanted to visit but never actually been too. I will be compiling a travel journal along the way.
Flute
Appreciate 0