E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > ***CarKing***

05-03-2008, 02:57 PM   #23
///sniper
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F30 [AW/Coral Red]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit523
dude sanding a primed part takes time....*remember u need to sand it right, and sand it till all the paint are gone....*
he only got a small crack that is why it takes even more time to sand,,,,
painting a new lip is cheaper....
the most expensive part is sanding it....

think this way....
if u bought a BRAND NEW item from someone
it came with cracked paint....will u waste ur time to sand all the paint off*the hartge lip is so freaken big, so it will take longer* and ask someone to repaint it?
Sanding is not difficult. It's honestly not even that time consuming provided you do it properly. Start with a low grit and gradually work to a finer grit. I've sanded and primed many pieces and am actually done sanding and priming my spoiler for my E92. It didn't even take an hour to get it from it's painted finish to sanded, primed and drying. I'd rather see pics of his lip before making a full assessment of the damage and what must be done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carking View Post
First, full refund has been made.

Second, we fully refunded to this buyer is not because he posting bad things about us. We refunded him because we "know" he is asking full refund.

During this case, we sent mail to him after we know the paint cracked during the delivery. We wanna know if he needs replacement or refund. yet no reply. then 2 days later we found dispute in paypal.

I have to apologize for not replying all the pm very soon because I am the only sales handle business overseas in our company. And we only have one selling thread here so I belive there would be no many things going to be handle here. However, as long as I receive request from forum members, we do it without any hesitation. If there is any one, any, not happy with our product and we didn't do anything about it, plz let me now.

I also wanna clarify the replacement issue about the E92 Aero front lip here.
The mold is done and we send all the replaement to the paint shop for the paint job. We are waiting for it and will start sending the replacement from Next Monday. We appreciate all the members who are still willing take this front lip. We feel very happy that we can still do business with you guys.

We will handly this well. Like what I said, we won't take your money and run away. that's not our style. We are business people, we are not liar.

We are considering leaving this forum for a period of time because we really don't have enough ppl to help me handle pm and other things on this forum. I am so tired because there is only me can do this in our office and I still need to take care of the trading order. I wanna focus on our trading business in the near future.

Selling items here is a very interesting experience. ppl here are more willing to test new items and I met many good friends here. to be honest, the profit of selling items on eBay is much better than selling items here because you guys are too good at bargaining. in every transaction, more or less, we offer you discount and that's why my boss ask why the price on e90post is so low everytime.

however, our eBay store will be there for you. as long as you send me message and state that you are forum member, I will give you discount.

Brad/CarKing Tuning
Brad comes through again! I've been dealing and talking with him via PM and it's been nothing but great communication. He's honest and extremely fair with pricing...

Don't leave the forum yet Brad!
      05-04-2008, 07:27 PM   #24
Kit523
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F80 M3/FK8/C63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///sniper View Post
Sanding is not difficult. It's honestly not even that time consuming provided you do it properly. Start with a low grit and gradually work to a finer grit. I've sanded and primed many pieces and am actually done sanding and priming my spoiler for my E92. It didn't even take an hour to get it from it's painted finish to sanded, primed and drying. I'd rather see pics of his lip before making a full assessment of the damage and what must be done...

Brad comes through again! I've been dealing and talking with him via PM and it's been nothing but great communication. He's honest and extremely fair with pricing...

Don't leave the forum yet Brad!
can u do a DIY so i can sand my paint off and repaint it then??
thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2008, 10:16 PM   #25
cipher5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Donington Grey X3M Comp

I don't know what color your car is, but generally, its smarted to paint a body piece local on your car. That way it can be matched the best. I bought a Hartge lip from Brad and it was great. No issues.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2008, 11:21 PM   #26
jiseok
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e93

Brad told me that my refund was done.....today...but no money on my account.
You guys check this out...what u think..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...7605QQtcZphoto

What the heck!!!! Those are modified one?? still defect???
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 12:44 AM   #27
edsmed
Rep
Drives: S2000

I too had to wait a little but sure enough my $60 refund was followed by a $300 refund this morning. I will admit that communication wasn't quite what I would expect from an online dealer but the end result was what I wanted. I think that carking must have a ton of things going on but he's not trying to rob anybody. Given that I come from a manufacturing background and understand unexpected defective problems, if I had to do it all over again, I would give carking another chance.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #28
nissan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiseok View Post
Brad told me that my refund was done.....today...but no money on my account.
You guys check this out...what u think..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...7605QQtcZphoto

What the heck!!!! Those are modified one?? still defect???

What are you seeing that's defective..please point it out?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 10:18 PM   #29
MyE92
El Presidente
United_States
Rep
Drives: your mom wild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan View Post
What are you seeing that's defective..please point it out?
+1
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 02:29 AM   #30
calvino
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: had e90, 330i mystic blue

Garage List
2006 e90 330i  [0.00]
well I have to disagree I don't see why he got banned, he is a great seller, I got my ACS bumper from him and it was a perfect fit, I'm getting a new ACS front lip because I got hit and run , and I'm going to get it from him.
      06-18-2008, 12:24 PM   #31
KkSc
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 13'FR-S/15' F80 M3

what??they got banned?i thought they are good seller..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 08:59 PM   #32
///sniper
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F30 [AW/Coral Red]

Brad/CarKing was never truly banned. He just stopped being a vendor and because of that, his username states 'Banned' as he/they no longer pay the monthly fees. He still gives 'E90post' discounts/prices if you message him on eBay. Great seller and extremely honest...
      06-20-2008, 01:48 AM   #33
BLK E90
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BLK E90

I just ordered OEM Rear Deck Spoiler and ACS Roof Spoiler from him, He was very polite and gave me a great deal! Hopefully he comes back soon to the forums... He is a great vendor!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 10:22 AM   #34
theblackmamba
Banned
Rep
Drives: 0

Brad at Carking was nothing short of a great deal and business person to deal with.

I ordered an Mtech rear spoiler for my e90 painted in alpine white. It was a PERFECT match and fit perfectly for a non oem bmw part.....Best business I have dealt with to date!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 11:24 AM   #35
yamazaho
Wang D.D.S.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 14' WRX, 15' W205

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.76]
I don't know if Brad himself said this before but he does not have too many people working for him, and he had to handle everything pretty much himself. Ebay is keeping him very busy already and he had to take a break from here so he can organize himself. I am sure he will be back sometimes later.....
      08-06-2008, 10:49 AM   #36
JKratty
In Scotch We Trust
Rep
Drives: '69 Chevelle, E90 335

I know Brad is no longer a paying vendor on this site, but I felt compelled to share my recent experience, and to warn e90post-ers of his business practices and customer service now that he is off the forum.

I ordered a set of e90 painted splitters from him while he was still a sponsor. I received them and immediately had trouble mounting them. The fitment was subpar at best and as a result, the double-sided tape could not hold the edges to the car.

I contacted Brad and he asked me to email him pictures. In between the time he requested pictures and I took them, he left this forum. I still had his email address, so I emailed him the pictures and also tracked him down through his eBay store.

I have since emailed him and sent him messages through eBay several times. He has never responded to any of my messages. I am stuck with $200 worth of splitters that will not fit on my car because of poor quality.

I would warn all e90post members to avoid his eBay store. This sort of poor behavior should not be tolerated by any consumer.
      08-07-2008, 08:48 AM   #37
EastCoast335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 | 2008 335i

Cant speak to anyone else's dealing with Brad (Carking) but I ordered my Hartge rep rear spoiler from him and it was perfect.
Great fitment, great paint match (AW is easy match though), great pricing, and he responded quickly to all my emails.

Brad is ok in my book... and I plan to order from him again if he sells anything else I'm interested in.
Appreciate 0