E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > 2009 iDrive frozen...literally?

01-12-2009, 08:49 PM   #1
GMT II
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: I ride the bus.

2009 iDrive frozen...literally?

Hi guys.

I usually post in 1addicts but I am hoping that the wider audience here may mean someone has my same problem.

The idrive in my 09 135i is screwed up. I was working for the last week or so just fine (the car is 2 weeks old) but starting last night the navigation refuses to route to the destination. Instead I get a message a min after selecting an address that says "unable to route" or somesuch thing. The car still shows my correct position on the moving map and when transmitting to BMW Assist so its clearly a computer problem and not a lack of GPS signal.

The dealer said this has happened to the cars on their lot when they are out in cold weather parked overnight. Well, NYC has been particularly cold recently and she does live outside. They sent a ticket to BMW NA to see if they can give me instructions on hard resetting the system.

If not, the car has to go in for who knows what. They don't know how to fix this thing.

Anyone have the same issue? Can the 09 sys be reset? I know the old ones could.

6MT / ZPP / ZSP / Nav / Prem. Hi-Fi / Sirius / CA / Heated Seats (you keep the ski bag) / Park Dist. / HD Radio (because it was free)
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2009, 02:39 AM   #2
Rotary Rasp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Weird.

On a side note, see if the dealer will tell you how to hard reset the system when they find out from BMW.

I'm having a similar problem that I'm sure can be fixed by resetting the system.

Thanks
Appreciate 0