E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > DC Auto Show

01-28-2010, 11:43 AM   #23
MShao825
Go Terps!
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII/FR E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydeputy View Post
1 intense 135i & Pesto have been PMed.
Heyyy what about me?!
      01-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #24
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshao825 View Post
Heyyy what about me?!
you're invisible

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 02:17 PM   #25
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Finally here

so is everyone going on Sat or Sunday?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #26
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

i'll prob go Friday b/c it'll be a lot less crowded. Weekends are a madhouse, plus Sat is the pie run

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 02:37 PM   #27
E93SC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
i'll prob go Friday b/c it'll be a lot less crowded. Weekends are a madhouse, plus Sat is the pie run
Paul, if you're going Friday. Can you pick up the other ticket for me? John is going too. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 04:06 PM   #28
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

can't do Friday and no pie run for me cuz car will be gone by then.. yup yup :/ wonder how the mdx will handle in turns? oh and u guys still doin the pie run in the snowy sat? crazyyyy
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2010, 05:38 PM   #29
MShao825
Go Terps!
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII/FR E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me View Post
can't do Friday and no pie run for me cuz car will be gone by then.. yup yup :/ wonder how the mdx will handle in turns? oh and u guys still doin the pie run in the snowy sat? crazyyyy
Why did you get rid of it man?! What plans do you have up your sleeve? Do share.
      02-04-2010, 12:02 PM   #30
DPritchett
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 528i

Garage List
2006 E90 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
so is everyone going on Sat or Sunday?
My son and I were going Saturday and then Sunday, but we were snowed out. To long a drive (~160 miles, one way) for the weather.

2006 325xi |SG - Terra - Walnut | Steptronic | Premium Package - Nav | Zenon Adaptive Headlights | Blacklines; iPod Adapter
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #31
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPritchett View Post
My son and I were going Saturday and then Sunday, but we were snowed out. To long a drive (~160 miles, one way) for the weather.
you didnt miss anything unless you were hoping to snag a free grocery bag from the Toyota counter

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 01:36 PM   #32
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
you didnt miss anything unless you were hoping to snag a free grocery bag from the Toyota counter
wouldn't want anything from Toyota these days. the grocery bag might get stuck to my gas pedal or something lol

show was kinda blah but still did see a few cool cars (SLS, R8). had the most fun doin the toy car race against all the lil kids lol..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #33
KL2DC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 428i,E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
It was a lame show, just gets worst every year

I'm hoping I get to go to SEMA again this year

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 03:07 PM   #34
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

well i did get to see some old-timers who i haven't seen for a while at the show.. Donny and Paul. it wasnt all bad i guess.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 03:49 PM   #35
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
well i did get to see some old-timers who i haven't seen for a while at the show.. Donny and Paul. it wasnt all bad i guess.
Yeah, I ran into that traitor Donny too

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2010, 03:52 PM   #36
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

hahha, i almost forgot he is a traitor.. but i can't be talkin since i'm now bmw-less. Paul, since u have 3, why not just spare me one lol
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 09:03 AM   #37
333sp
Private
Rep
Drives: 2 fast

Quote:
I guess you at least got to see that BMW display you - as esteemed BMW insider that you are - said wasn't there

And what happened to the prior portions of this thead? Are you responsible for having it rubbed out? Its like living in a forum version of Stalinist Russia.

Anyway, thanks for the support. It is people like you and your well informed comments pre & post show that help us make it better every year.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 10:15 AM   #38
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333sp View Post
I guess you at least got to see that BMW display you - as esteemed BMW insider that you are - said wasn't there

And what happened to the prior portions of this thead? Are you responsible for having it rubbed out? Its like living in a forum version of Stalinist Russia.

Anyway, thanks for the support. It is people like you and your well informed comments pre & post show that help us make it better every year.
you're welcome...obviously i was the only one disappointed in this entire thread. not sure what was rubbed out, so you'll have to ask one of the moderators about that.

the BMW display was nothing more than what you could see at any dealership, other than the EfficientDynamics 1 series. unfortunately that didnt really excite many people around here. i've gone every year to the DC car show for at least the past 2 decades and the creativity of the displays and # of concept cars has really declined. i understand the economy sucks and companies arent spending marketing dollars like in the past, but these shows are designed to get the consumer excited about current/future models and upcoming technology and IMO it wasnt a success.

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #39
333sp
Private
Rep

Quote:
you're welcome...obviously i was the only one disappointed in this entire thread. not sure what was rubbed out, so you'll have to ask one of the moderators about that.

the BMW display was nothing more than what you could see at any dealership, other than the EfficientDynamics 1 series. unfortunately that didnt really excite many people around here. i've gone every year to the DC car show for at least the past 2 decades and the creativity of the displays and # of concept cars has really declined. i understand the economy sucks and companies arent spending marketing dollars like in the past, but these shows are designed to get the consumer excited about current/future models and upcoming technology and IMO it wasnt a success.
The bulk of all the displays are nothing more than one can see in dealership... most people aren't forum heads whose lives revolve around the car(s) they own. The crux of why OEMs spend tons on these shows is to get people who don't know what precisely is currently available or in the immediate pipeline and don't go to showrooms - in front of the cars and to generate tangible leads. The concept things are largely fluff and fodder. Let me ask you this... if there were a lot of BMW concept cars there would you buy more BMWs? Would it make you think BMW is a better co. than you already do? Their foremost motivation is selling cars, not entertaining people already married to their product.

I know I asked you about trying to get some hot BMWs for the Luxury and Exotic Showcase but BMW Corp. summarily shot that idea down before I even finished my sentence. I meant to get back to you on that and in the midst of dealing with 50k things it slipped my mind.

I can tell you that past 2 years the OEMs selling cars $30k and up ranked DC show as in top 3 for tangible leads generated which is what they really care about so in that most important regard it has been a success and the show is very cash flow positive. Why that doesn't always translate to bigger fancier displays is a matter of corp. finance and politics I suppose. Detroit is its own thing owing to century old past of being world auto HQ, lots of press and release events just b/c... tangible leads generated at Detroit show are next to nil minus maybe Kid Rock, Eminem or Barry Sanders being enticed into buying something, which is why a lot of marquee mfg.s don't bother going there at all.

You're connected, bark up the food chain, tell them how big and relevant your home market is, tell them how many cars you and your friends buy and how religously you bleed blue & white. Help us make it better. If econ turns a bit they'll throw more money at it if prodded the right way.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 11:22 AM   #40
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333sp View Post
The bulk of all the displays are nothing more than one can see in dealership... most people aren't forum heads whose lives revolve around the car(s) they own.

dude, you're taking this a little too personal. you don't know me from a can of beans and there's no need for that. forums like this allow people to express their opinions which i have done without any personal attacks.

i'm glad that the DC car show is a hit to the dealers in terms of moving cars. however, this is an enthusiast board and my complaint is that the show isnt necessarily catered towards us (regardless of what kind of car you have).

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #41
333sp
Private
Rep

Quote:
dude, you're taking this a little too personal. you don't know me from a can of beans and there's no need for that. forums like this allow people to express their opinions which i have done without any personal attacks.

i'm glad that the DC car show is a hit to the dealers in terms of moving cars. however, this is an enthusiast board and my complaint is that the show isnt necessarily catered towards us (regardless of what kind of car you have).

hy⋅per⋅bo⋅le  /haɪˈpɜrbəli/ [hahy-pur-buh-lee]
–noun Rhetoric. 1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.
2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

There is nothing taken personal about it. Fact based connecting of dots is all it is. You unabashedly promote yourself as BMW CLub National Capitol Chapter head or whatever it is, i.e. some kind of BMW insider, you start a thread saying "oh this show is no good, BMW won't even be there, but anyone going, I might go". Your facts are plain wrong. Other people comment "they're on the show map, what makes you 'the connected guy with inside info.' say they won't be there, you say "that is what I 'the connected guy with inside info.' heard".

I comment that if you think it sucks and you're just going to be negative about it and spread your "poo on the DC Auto Show gospil" (albeit based on totally misinformed and/or false claims) because it doesn't produce the spread of the Bayerische Technik Museum "just stay home". Somebody else says "who are you telling to stay home", I answer "the people who claim to know what they're talking about and don't and just want to go to walk around like a know-it-all and say 'this show sucks'".... and then that all mysteriously disappears from the thread... like it matters, I'm embarrassed of myself to act like it matters.

Anyway, so as I knew you would (and you're right I don't know you from a can of beans, never met you that I know of, but some people just exude transparency and simplistic predictability from words alone) you go to show, see the BMW display that you 'the connected guy with inside info.' blabbed to everyone wasn't going to be there, and then come away saying "could have seen it all at dealership, you didn't miss anything unless wanted a Toyota bag".

No "Nice BMW was there given they have way slimed down their auto show PR this year", no falling on your sword for making the baseless claims you made about whether BMW would be there or not, just the totally predictable negative rhetoric.

This is a good active board. You are right on that. There are some people with some really good technical knowledge around here. Too bad there is so much fact-less subjective spunk thrown around by some people who treat it like a elementary school sandbox clique.

I spend a lot of time and energy producing the DC Show evey year, but whether you like it or not, BMW club social head insider etc. or not, is really of next to zero consequnce to me, but when you give false info. and endorse it with your Club Chair signature, that is in need of rectification.

The only personal attack going on here is the one you are so transparently making against yourself.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #42
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

dude, serioulsy, chill out. u take it too seriously and the show did suck. :/ Life goes on, grab a beer and enjoy the snow. oh and Paul is still an awesome guy just in case you didn't know that
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 07:49 PM   #43
333sp
Private
Rep

Quote:
dude, serioulsy, chill out. u take it too seriously and the show did suck. :/ Life goes on, grab a beer and enjoy the snow. oh and Paul is still an awesome guy just in case you didn't know that
I'm sure Paul is a good guy. Everyone tells me that.

Yes - money aside, producing that show is a pretty thankless task.... and it is in the top 5 shows in the country!!

Hopefully next year I'll be able to put something BMW together a little better and more on point for you guys.

And yes - BMW...and Rolls...and Mini are all already contracted for next year.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 08:27 PM   #44
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

when i said the show sucked, it's not pointed at BMW. it's just the show overall, compared to what it used to be, is not up to par but we all sorta expcted that. but i still go every year to walk around, see the few cool cars that still come on display (SLS, R8 V10, GTR, etc..), and just chill. i'm sure it's a thankless job to put together a show like this yet alot of hardwork go into it. I don't know u but if you are involved in it, kudos.
Appreciate 0