E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Do I have bluetooth??

08-24-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
crazyfoo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Montego Blue 335i Coupe

Do I have bluetooth??

Dumb question... I have recently purchased an 09 335 coupe that I thought did not have bluetooth because Telephone does not show up as a menu option on the Nav screen. But BMW Assist does show up as an option (although it is blank when I click on it). I read the overview about BMW Assist and it says that it comes with hands-free calling. Does that mean I actually do have bluetooth?

I saw another post recently about getting BMW assist activated, would Telephone show up if I got the BMW Assist activated? If I don't really have bluetooh, why would I even want to activate BMW Assist?

Thanks for any help!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 09:40 AM   #2
doubleIN
atlien
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfoo View Post
Dumb question... I have recently purchased an 09 335 coupe that I thought did not have bluetooth because Telephone does not show up as a menu option on the Nav screen. But BMW Assist does show up as an option (although it is blank when I click on it). I read the overview about BMW Assist and it says that it comes with hands-free calling. Does that mean I actually do have bluetooth?

I saw another post recently about getting BMW assist activated, would Telephone show up if I got the BMW Assist activated? If I don't really have bluetooh, why would I even want to activate BMW Assist?

Thanks for any help!
BMW Assist uses a wireless module that is already embedded in your car. This module is used to make a call to BMW Assist if you get in an accident or need roadside assistance, and that call to BMW Assist would be a hands-free call since it's not using your cell phone.

I think every BMW is equipped with the cellular module for BMW Assist, but you can't use this module to make calls to anywhere except for BMW Assist. So just because you have BMW Assist, this doesn't mean you have Bluetooth which you would use to pair your cell phone with the car.

You would want to activate BMW Assist regardless if you have Bluetooth or not for safety reasons. If you get in a wreck and are unconscious, BMW Assist can get you help and if you need roadside assistance but you don't have your phone with you, you can still call for help.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
rbtamms
Major
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 and 2013 F25

Garage List
2011 328i  [0.00]
If you have the SOS button next to the sun roof button then you have a bluetooth. I thought my 11 328i has a bluetooth when I bought it. I did a lot of research & couldn't figure out how to pair my phone until I take it to the dealer. They told me that I have no SOS button & I said why do I have the call button on my steering wheel? That should have been deleted because it's useless.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtamms View Post
& I said why do I have the call button on my steering wheel? That should have been deleted because it's useless.
Standard steering wheel buttons. You have them all even if you dont have the functions. Having only 1 set keeps costs down
      08-24-2011, 12:56 PM   #5
crazyfoo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Montego Blue 335i Coupe

Thanks for the info everyone. Looks like I definitely do not have bluetooth then. I may eventually try and install it, but I blew my budget for the foreseeable future on rims :-)
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
rbtamms
Major
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 and 2013 F25

Garage List
2011 328i  [0.00]
Try this: http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPa...duct_Id=525857
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 04:13 AM   #7
ABerry
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 | n54

you did blow it.. bluetooth is absolutely crucial, especially if you have a droid with and bought a car dock with it
Appreciate 0