E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Help me Identify this part please.

12-23-2017, 04:23 PM   #1
GEOS07335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

Garage List
Help me Identify this part please.

Take a look at the picture and let me know what you think it is. It's pretty soft and has a nick in it. It runs from the top of the radiator all along the side passenger side of the car where it clamps on into the firewall. I don't trust it and want to fix this before I drive the car.

I think it's heater radiator hose. But not sure. Is it #1
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=64_1497

There are two hoses it's the one closer to the fender. Which looks like a real BARE to replace. I cant even see the clamp. Let me know if you have any tips on how to remove or replace.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 05:12 PM   #2
GEOS07335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

Garage List
I'm 99% sure it's the BMW HVAC Heater Hose - Genuine BMW 64216983858
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 05:36 PM   #3
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEOS07335i View Post
I'm 99% sure it's the BMW HVAC Heater Hose - Genuine BMW 64216983858
Yup. That's a heater hose. Goes to the heater core. Need to get the hoses off the core bibs from underneath.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2017, 05:54 PM   #4
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

I've replaced the heater core hoses. They are not easy and the lower one on the core needs to be removed from underneath. The upper hose on the core can be removed from the top once the cabin airfilter base is removed. The hose you want to replace goes to the lower bib on the heater core, so you need to get it from underneath Pull the airbox and cabin airfilter base (we all call it the cowling) and trace the hose. The hose in your picture has a different connector at radiator hose bib than the N52 does, so I can't advise how to remove it, but the new part would give you a clue.

I did a DIY for the N52 a few years back. This is what I wrote to get the lower hose off:

Lower Heater Core hose: This has female BMW plastic connector on the heater core side. It is already disconnected on from the radiator hose. To remove it from the heater core, release the BMW Clamp. The spring clip is on the bottom of the connector and pulls down. It is difficult to reach from the top, but can be reached from the underside as long as the fuel/brake hose guard is removed. Good news here is since the BMW Clamp mounts to the aluminum hose bib at the heater core, it comes off very easily. Wiggle and pull it off the heater core.

I have a lift, so the lower hose was not too difficult. If you remove the upper hose to the heater core (which has a spring hose clamp) you probably can get the lower one off from the top side.

Good luck with it.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0