E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Help Pin Pointing Noise on Front End E90

09-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
isd8266
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Xdrive

Help Pin Pointing Noise on Front End E90

Hello,

I have a 09 335 xdrive with about 72K on it. I just replaces the wheel bearing on the front drivers side (6 months ago and had an alignment) and just replaced the wheel bearing on the front passengers side (1 month ago). I checked the brakes and rotors at that point and they were fine (not warped or uneven brake wear). A couple of weeks ago I noticed that the front had a wobble noise coming from the front left whenever I was not applying any pressure to the gas peddle. I had two new tires put on the front and the existing fronts rotated to the rear and all the wheels were balanced. I still have the noise when I am not pressing on the gas. When I brake from 50 (or higher) I notice the steering wheel rocks from left to right (this also occurred before the tires were replaced). So I know the brakes, rotors, and front wheel bearings are not the issue, but I am wondering if this is a CV joint issue? Does anyone have an idea what is causing this?

Thanks for any help
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
isd8266
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Xdrive

UPDATE: Figured out the problem, I had a small hole in my outer CV boot which was leaking a little grease. Over time it got past the dust shield and on the back of the rotor causing the rotor to glaze over and likewise on the inner brake pad. I plan on posting a DIY for the outer CV boot replacement soon.
Appreciate 0