E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > CG Motorsports, good people & great service

08-22-2014, 10:04 AM   #1
e90ben
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: No more Beemer

CG Motorsports, good people & great service

Just wanted to let other peeps in the GVA know, if they already didn't, CG= good people and great service

Recently had my VCG and oil filter housing gasket changed, due to a small leak and slight burning smell when driving.

Not a typical shop, they took the time to clean all of the gunk from the leaking VCG (ALOT- Engine bay is spotless now) and they went the extra mile to check and clean my ECC sensor and vanos solenoids (I know these are common "top-ups" shops can add on top, they could have pushed for replacement...but didn't)

Ended up having a great conversation with the co-owner Rudi(sp?) about the pros and cons of a transmission fluid flush and BMW "lifetime fluid"

Only downside, and nothing to do with the shop-> they have loaner cars, just wish they told me when I dropped my car off...so I didnt have to haul the wife and kids back and forth.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2014, 10:46 AM   #2
CaptChaos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 - Mineral Grey

Yes, I have most of my work done there after the factory maintenance period expired.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 08:32 PM   #3
HEATHKIT
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sports/Premium

My experience with CG Motorsports was less than perfect. Don't get me wrong: I know they are better than dealerships and have good and friendly mechanics. Anyhow, my story goes like this... I took my car in to have its brakes (all four corners, pads and rotors) replaced. After the installation was done I was happy with the shinny looking brake and good brake feel. Couple of days later I nearly got into an accident because the hand brake stopped working! There was resistance but not enough to stop the car from rolling on a hill. Also, the whole car squeaked badly in slow speed without applying any brake pressure. Long store short, I took the car back and Chris had his guys looked it over and both issues were resolved (there is a still slight squeak but I have gotten to accept it). Later when I swapped in the winter tires, I noticed that the brake dust shields were bent out of shape on all four corners. I was not sure if they were bent to resolve the squeak problem, but nevertheless I was not impressed with the overall service.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 10:09 PM   #4
cuiter23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2 6Spd

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [6.00]
They do have loaners, or at least the last time I went (about a year ago). You have to pay for them though which technically doesn't make it a loaner anymore, more like a rental car.

Then again, even BMW charges for their mobility cars now.
[SOLD] 2007 E90 328i - Titanium Metallic l 19" VMR V710 l H&R Trak+ Spacers l M-Sport Rear Bumper l Mtech Rear Lip Spoiler l Hamann Front Lip l Eibach Sportline l AA N52 Signature Exhaust l OEM Blacklines l MTEC V3 AE l 6000K HID l Nokya 7000K Fogs l MTEC License Plate LED l Interior LED l 15% Tint l BlackVue DR380G-HD + PMP
2023 G87 M2 6Spd - HEA Package | OEM M Performance Carbon Wing
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 10:54 PM   #5
grn.eyed.bandit
can you stand it?
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 Touring

Asked for a price quote for oil change and urea top up on my x5 diesel. Chris replies with "I don't know exactly what you're asking here. We don't work on diesels." Wtf?

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome