E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Someone tried to break into my 335i

11-20-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
coryou246
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Someone tried to break into my 335i

Hi,

So recently someone tried to break into my car. They broke part of the cover of the side mirror and tried to wedge a screw driver in. So my question is do I have to replace the whole side mirror or just that part?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 12:22 AM   #2
cuiter23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2 6Spd

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [6.00]
wow, which part of Van did this happen in? I'll make sure to avoid it next time.
[SOLD] 2007 E90 328i - Titanium Metallic l 19" VMR V710 l H&R Trak+ Spacers l M-Sport Rear Bumper l Mtech Rear Lip Spoiler l Hamann Front Lip l Eibach Sportline l AA N52 Signature Exhaust l OEM Blacklines l MTEC V3 AE l 6000K HID l Nokya 7000K Fogs l MTEC License Plate LED l Interior LED l 15% Tint l BlackVue DR380G-HD + PMP
2023 G87 M2 6Spd - HEA Package | OEM M Performance Carbon Wing
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 12:33 AM   #3
coryou246
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuiter23 View Post
wow, which part of Van did this happen in? I'll make sure to avoid it next time.
Happened in Burnaby near bcit
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 12:38 AM   #4
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Ouch... I had the same problem, the difference is I shot the guy with a rubber bullet and beat his ass and tied him up until the cops came *apologies for the language. (For future reference, definitely avoid this route, got in more trouble than it was worth)
When I went to the shop to get it fixed, they told me I needed a whole new mirror case for that side because they don't sell that part separately. Hopefully you're luckier than I was, the damn thing cost me $300. Good luck
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 12:40 AM   #5
Tim M
Just a regular guy.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
Ouch... I had the same problem, the difference is I shot the guy with a rubber bullet and beat his ass and tied him up until the cops came *apologies for the language. (For future reference, definitely avoid this route, got in more trouble than it was worth)
When I went to the shop to get it fixed, they told me I needed a whole new mirror case for that side because they don't sell that part separately. Hopefully you're luckier than I was, the damn thing cost me $300. Good luck
Sorry for the thread jack, buts that's fucking epic! Which part did you get in trouble for? The beating up or the rubber bullet? I commend both!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 01:15 AM   #6
username604
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunners_Mate View Post
Sorry for the thread jack, buts that's fucking epic! Which part did you get in trouble for? The beating up or the rubber bullet? I commend both!
+1
MOAR DETAILS
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 01:26 AM   #7
N55
ⒸⒺⓇⓉⓘⒻⒾⒺⒹ✬ⓃⒾⓃⒿⒶ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 🚀

Garage List
Quote:
+2 Subscribed!

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 01:46 AM   #8
Tim M
Just a regular guy.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55 View Post
+2 Subscribed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbatim View Post
+1
MOAR DETAILS

I like where this is going! Lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 02:11 AM   #9
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbatim View Post
+1
MOAR DETAILS
Quote:
Originally Posted by N55 View Post
+2 Subscribed!
First before I begin, I apologize for the thread jack OP.
Well I got in trouble for a firearm being used to detain an "unarmed" person. He had a gun himself but I guess he tossed it or something when I shot him. Also, I never knew that you aren't suppose to have rubber "riot control" issued bullets. I mean hey, it doesn't kill?(well, if fired at correct areas it can) but they told me for having a rubber bean bag in my shotgun was illegal and I could've gone to jail if I did serious damage. I explained to the cops what happen and I still was fined for it (retarded right?) I was fined $6000 for protecting my property. My car is always kept behind the gate and he was on my property but did he get charged with breaking and entering without owners consent? NOPE! He instead got a fat check from me which ultimately I'm guessing he used to bail himself out of jail. "All" of my bullets were confiscated and I was to appear at court where the judge dropped the charge of using the firearm on an unarmed person and still had to pay 6000 for shooting him and whooping some ass on someone who obviously deserved it. What was he planning to do is what I asked him. Its not like he could've hotwired my car or stolen parts or anything.

When the cops came, which was under 1 minute being as I live about a mile away from the station, they came at me guns drawn with 5 cop cars and a Sargent. They asked me what happen I said, "This bastard broke into my gated driveway, broke my mirror piece to try and get in my car. The car was parked behind the gate so it is invisible to a person passing by. So when I found out there was someone destroying my property, I was scared for my life and my family's life as well so I grabbed my shotgun and loaded it with riot control bullets so I can stun him enough to keep him down until you guys arrived. I shot him because I thought he was going to break into my house and hurt my family and I."
They said he was "unarmed" and was heavily beaten... being as they had no proof he got the ass whooping of a lifetime from my rifle, they assumed I shot him multiple times. They asked the neighbors, which I am close with, about how many shots they heard. They all replied one and that they saw me detaining him. I'm sure my neighbors saw me whooping his ass but they kept quiet <3.
All I received from the police was a court notice to appear with the documentation of my gun registration along with the receipt of where the bullets where bought.
Of course china town doesn't give out receipts... so I made a deal and told them ill pay full ticket price right now if they don't ask for a receipt. Why? Because if they find out where I got the bullets, where the hell else am I gonna find someone who gives out riot issued stuff?! Of course him being my uncle doesn't help either lol.
Final wrap of costs:
Ticket = $6000
Rubber bullets = $200
Mirror casing = $300
Actually getting to use the bullet on someone and NOT miss the shot = priceless.
How's that for detailed? LOL
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 02:24 AM   #10
BrazilianBimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: Black e90 325i

Quote:
Well I got in trouble for a firearm being used to detain an "unarmed" person. He had a gun himself but I guess he tossed it or something when I shot him. Also, I never knew that you aren't suppose to have rubber "riot control" issued bullets. I mean hey, it doesn't kill?(well, if fired at correct areas it can) but they told me for having a rubber bean bag in my shotgun was illegal and I could've gone to jail if I did serious damage. I explained to the cops what happen and I still was fined for it (retarded right?) I was fined $6000 for protecting my property. My car is always kept behind the gate and he was on my property but did he get charged with breaking and entering without owners consent? NOPE! He instead got a fat check from me which ultimately I'm guessing he used to bail himself out of jail. "All" of my bullets were confiscated and I was to appear at court where the judge dropped the charge of using the firearm on an unarmed person and still had to pay 6000 for shooting him and whooping some ass on someone who obviously deserved it. What was he planning to do is what I asked him. Its not like he could've hotwired my car or stolen parts or anything.

When the cops came, which was under 1 minute being as I live about a mile away from the station, they came at me guns drawn with 5 cop cars and a Sargent. They asked me what happen I said, "This bastard broke into my gated driveway, broke my mirror piece to try and get in my car. The car was parked behind the gate so it is invisible to a person passing by. So when I found out there was someone destroying my property, I was scared for my life and my family's life as well so I grabbed my shotgun and loaded it with riot control bullets so I can stun him enough to keep him down until you guys arrived. I shot him because I thought he was going to break into my house and hurt my family and I."
They said he was "unarmed" and was heavily beaten... being as they had no proof he got the ass whooping of a lifetime from my rifle, they assumed I shot him multiple times. They asked the neighbors, which I am close with, about how many shots they heard. They all replied one and that they saw me detaining him. I'm sure my neighbors saw me whooping his ass but they kept quiet <3.
All I received from the police was a court notice to appear with the documentation of my gun registration along with the receipt of where the bullets where bought.
Of course china town doesn't give out receipts... so I made a deal and told them ill pay full ticket price right now if they don't ask for a receipt. Why? Because if they find out where I got the bullets, where the hell else am I gonna find someone who gives out riot issued stuff?! Of course him being my uncle doesn't help either lol.
Final wrap of costs:
Ticket = $6000
Rubber bullets = $200
Mirror casing = $300
Actually getting to use the bullet on someone and NOT miss the shot = priceless.
This is freaking EPIC!!!
But doesn't it make you think, is the democracy we live in really a democracy when a men gets ticketed for defending his family and property and the thief gets rewarded!?

Another question, was it worth it though?
There's no way I would be able to come up with that much money out of nowhere to pay that.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 06:41 AM   #11
StevenY.
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10' SG e92 335i

Kiwi29, epic! I always thought if someone breached into your property you were able to do anything to secure your own safety, I guess not. I'd be so pissed if that bastard tried to steal my car and I had to pay 6,000 to him, it's like I paid him to damage my property.
      11-20-2012, 07:14 AM   #12
driverman
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i 6MT - SOLD

Maybe a lawyer will chime in and provide FACTS, but here's my understanding. I asked a DA about this once and here's what he told me.

You can only use the amount of force necessary to stop someone from seriously hurting you or someone else. That doesn't apply to your property.

If someone breaks into your home (through a door or window), in theory, the same rule applies, but in reality, it depends on the circumstances and jurisdiction. In other words, in theory, you can only use enough force to stop an attack that would do serious injury to you or someone else. But, in reality, you have more latitude. I even heard that if someone breaks into a home and a woman is home alone, she can shoot him and no one will bother her.

I hope a law enforcement official or DA will chime in and set us straight on this.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #13
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:

Final wrap of costs:
Ticket = $6000
Rubber bullets = $200
Mirror casing = $300
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 08:19 AM   #14
Antartic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverman View Post
Maybe a lawyer will chime in and provide FACTS, but here's my understanding. I asked a DA about this once and here's what he told me.

You can only use the amount of force necessary to stop someone from seriously hurting you or someone else. That doesn't apply to your property.

If someone breaks into your home (through a door or window), in theory, the same rule applies, but in reality, it depends on the circumstances and jurisdiction. In other words, in theory, you can only use enough force to stop an attack that would do serious injury to you or someone else. But, in reality, you have more latitude. I even heard that if someone breaks into a home and a woman is home alone, she can shoot him and no one will bother her.

I hope a law enforcement official or DA will chime in and set us straight on this.
In Texas we have the castle doctrine, which allows me to use force necessary to protect my property and my family if someone breaks into my house.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #15
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

someone should sticky this epic thread derail.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #16
Bruno77
Rep
Drives: 1975 Fiat 595 Abarth

Awesome story! its sucks that you had to pay 6k, I probably would of done the same thing as you.. But realistically .. It would of been cheaper for you to have him take parts lol .. You probably would of been in the hole for 500-1000 bucks... But I know who the hell wants their shit stolen from them
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #17
Matrixolution
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 xi

Should've replace your rubber bullets with real bullets.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #18
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

epic story.. BUT WTF u got charged 6k?!?!?! that's bs!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 10:44 AM   #19
cuiter23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2 6Spd

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by coryou246 View Post
Happened in Burnaby near bcit
thats where I work
[SOLD] 2007 E90 328i - Titanium Metallic l 19" VMR V710 l H&R Trak+ Spacers l M-Sport Rear Bumper l Mtech Rear Lip Spoiler l Hamann Front Lip l Eibach Sportline l AA N52 Signature Exhaust l OEM Blacklines l MTEC V3 AE l 6000K HID l Nokya 7000K Fogs l MTEC License Plate LED l Interior LED l 15% Tint l BlackVue DR380G-HD + PMP
2023 G87 M2 6Spd - HEA Package | OEM M Performance Carbon Wing
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #20
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Quote:
He had a gun himself but I guess he tossed it or something when I shot him.
This is a little confusing. You detained him on your property but you or the police never found his weapon?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #21
jakobv84
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E60 525xi

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antartic View Post
In Texas we have the castle doctrine, which allows me to use force necessary to protect my property and my family if someone breaks into my house.
Another reason to live in Texas indeed!

'07 335i E90 (sold) // '03 Porsche Boxster (sold) // '07 Alfa Romeo GT 2.0 (sold) // '06 325i E90 (stolen) // '99 Alfa Romeo 156 (sold)
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #22
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobv84 View Post
Another reason to live in Texas indeed!
^the ONLY reason I would move to Texas.
Appreciate 0