E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > BMW finance and modding

09-04-2010, 12:44 AM   #1
singh182
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 - 320d M-Sport Highline

BMW finance and modding

just need some info if you can help.
my car at the mo is on a pcp through bmw finance and i want to change the alloys that are currently on there for a after market set ive got my eye on.
question is do/will bmw finance allow this? do i have to notify them of the change?... oviously ill tell my insurance comp. when the car goes back will it be a issue or will i have to replace the alloys back to the original ones?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2010, 02:38 AM   #2
baggy
Private
Rep
Drives: 335d Coupe M Sport

hey

the policy does say no mods, as it will effect the re sale price.

as its wheels though, i would change then and keep the old ones in storage. then swap back when the time comes to chop the car in..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2010, 09:42 AM   #3
singh182
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 - 320d M-Sport Highline

cheers!... what i was thinkin of doing was buying the set i like and then selling the current bmw 19" alloys and then just buying a set off fleebay in a couple of yrs when the finance is finished/car goes back.... say i do put after market rims on will it void the warranty in anyway?.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
baggy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh182 View Post
cheers!... what i was thinkin of doing was buying the set i like and then selling the current bmw 19" alloys and then just buying a set off fleebay in a couple of yrs when the finance is finished/car goes back.... say i do put after market rims on will it void the warranty in anyway?.
treat finance and insurance company's like your wife, girl friend. little white lies are ok, big lies and they will screw you, and you will lose a lot of money in the settlement....
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2010, 02:55 AM   #5
baggy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh182 View Post
not sure on the warranty question. i guess if you have the same size rims and rft wont be a issue.... prob best to ask in writing to bmw customer service.
Appreciate 0