E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Picking up an e90 in NY. Need help with route home

01-21-2014, 07:55 PM   #23
328i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroCool View Post
I made it back damage free. Thanks to everyone that suggested taking southern state to the Verrazano bridge. It was pretty smooth and I only had one "Oh Sh*t" moment as I hastily swerved to avoid a large pothole. I also got caught in a near whiteout blizzard in northern Virginia but I just pushed through because I didn't want to get stop and be stuck trying to leave the next morning.

My jaw dropped when I saw the freeway between LaGuardia and Massapequa. The shuttle van sounded like it was going to rattle apart and it has huge tires.

I'm loving the car and the 25 hour drive gave us plenty of time to get acquainted. I didn't start getting a little restless until after Little Rock Arkansas and I think that's a good testament to the cars comfort. I'm coming from a 97 prelude so the car drove like a dream and had tons of little features I'm not used to.
One nice feature that many people dont know of when coming to bmws is the center vent control dial with the red and blue dots. You set your temperature using the climate controls but with this dial you can set what kind of air you want coming out of the vent towards your face. Its an awesome feature as it lets you have cool air while still warming up your car so you don't get that stuffy feeling.
      01-22-2014, 07:10 PM   #24
ZeroCool
Rep
Drives: e90

Good tip. I actually pulled out the manual today and read about it but I still didn't quite get the purpose. Now I understand. Pretty neat. Thanks!
Appreciate 0