E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > AA Custom Tune + Turbo Back exhaust Dyno Runs

09-20-2007, 01:04 PM   #89
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Perfect...thanks. Yeah, I think ~ 400 lb.-ft. RWTQ (~ 470 lb.-ft. TQ to the crank) may be ok to a certain extent up to so many mi. of added TQ stress, but it's certainly possible that ~ 450 lb.-ft. RWTQ (~ 530 lb.-ft. TQ to the crank ) on the 335i may be just too much for the ZF tranny; that's getting into MB 63AMG TQ numbers!!!!

yeah and we weigh over thousand pounds less? We all bought this car for relatively the same reasons. Everyone that has modified it that is. We all want more HP/TQ in one way or another. Yes there are many other things to do to our cars. However, we all can admit we are addicted to the boost. Problem is knowing your limitations. Guy from back home has a LSD on his 335i and it was a little wet and was rather new to an open differential. Long story short, the tree won. He is alright and the car is being fixed. But that will teach him to respect the fact that these cars are powerful machines that can get away from us if we aren't focused. We should all be grateful that trannies haven't been a problem so far and I am positive many people on this forum knew this was an inevitable hurdle. Shiv's manual tranny has held up pretty well based on his reports and i am sure it has taken quite a beating. Clutches and transmissions will not last forever.
Appreciate 0