E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Reeves BMW Tampa Bay

06-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
WilliamS
GoofBall
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 N54 Xdrive

Reeves BMW Tampa Bay

I just wanted to drop in a line to anyone in the Tampa area, or even close to the Tampa area. I would like to reccomend them to anyone who needs any type of service and I will happily send anyone with the brands they service directly to them.

A little backstory for why Im making this post. I work at a Ford dealership on the sales side. We from time to time will take in a car that we can not service for reasons of tools or knowledge of the product so we outsource. If its in warranty it goes to Reeves, if not it goes to Advanced Auto. It happens, theres so many things that are hard to fix if you are not familiar with them and Ford mechanics are great, I work with a great bunch of them but BMW Audi VW mechanics they are not.

I purchsed my BMW a few weeks back, it arrived to me from 1800 miles away and I wanted a good once over from someone who knew what they were looking for so a week prior to its arrival I setup an inspection. It has 49536 miles on it and figured it would be a good idea. No big deal its $150.00 and I felt worth every penny, as well I wanted a new cabin filter for my own satisfaction as I know the battles of Desmoking a smokers car. I know the tricks it will be handled.

Upon arrival I met with my advisor, as I belived they will all treat me this way I will say thanks to Ryan who was mine. He welcomed me to the BMW ownership family and knowing I was new the car, did a full walk around. Showed me all the options it had, how to use everything that I had no clue how to, and how to setup everything my way. I told him what I wanted was an inspection and cabin filter. What he did from there was all on him and saved me money, and did a great service for me. Once again I was ready to pay for the inspection and filter out of pocket. He stated I have a little bit of warranty left and he will handle what he can for me under that. As they cant inspect a car for issues under warranty as it looks to BMW as if they are trying to find things to fix for money.

20 minutes of go around my car the following things were done under warranty and in less than 24 hours no less. New Wipers, oil change, and cabin air filter as it was a service which is in the factory warranty. He then moved onto the Brake Fluid Flush and change as its preventive and is under warranty. New engine air filter. The seat belt hand up did not work 100% of the time, so fixed. The drivers side rear view mirror didnt go back to perfect when folded out, so replaced and recalibrated. A TPMS was giving random errors, replaced and fixed. Power outlet in the ashtray was badly corroded and didnt work, replaced. During the oil change the mechanic found a small amount of oil around the valve cover gasket, not a leak but a sheen to the gasket, so new gasket went on. Car drove straight but steering wheel wasnt dead center, so alignment rack it went, all 4 wheels and steering wheel dead center. All of that and a wash and wax, which I didnt even get a chance to do to the car. Total Bill $0.00.

All I can say is I expected to go in spend about $250 bucks to get a check up to tell me whats wrong so I can fix it, and a new filter. I picked my car up to a $0.00 due, a discount if I want anything from the accessories shop (didnt have floor mats), and a huge amount of things done to my car for free that I did not ask for.

Thank you Reeves Imports, and Thank you Ryan for the great visit.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
tphaeng
Captain
Rep
Drives: derrrty

Sounds like a very good experience! I'll have to bring my car there for service now.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #3
Miami1683
Sometimes ..... It's just what it is
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyguy
I just wanted to drop in a line to anyone in the Tampa area, or even close to the Tampa area. I would like to reccomend them to anyone who needs any type of service and I will happily send anyone with the brands they service directly to them.

A little backstory for why Im making this post. I work at a Ford dealership on the sales side. We from time to time will take in a car that we can not service for reasons of tools or knowledge of the product so we outsource. If its in warranty it goes to Reeves, if not it goes to Advanced Auto. It happens, theres so many things that are hard to fix if you are not familiar with them and Ford mechanics are great, I work with a great bunch of them but BMW Audi VW mechanics they are not.

I purchsed my BMW a few weeks back, it arrived to me from 1800 miles away and I wanted a good once over from someone who knew what they were looking for so a week prior to its arrival I setup an inspection. It has 49536 miles on it and figured it would be a good idea. No big deal its $150.00 and I felt worth every penny, as well I wanted a new cabin filter for my own satisfaction as I know the battles of Desmoking a smokers car. I know the tricks it will be handled.

Upon arrival I met with my advisor, as I belived they will all treat me this way I will say thanks to Ryan who was mine. He welcomed me to the BMW ownership family and knowing I was new the car, did a full walk around. Showed me all the options it had, how to use everything that I had no clue how to, and how to setup everything my way. I told him what I wanted was an inspection and cabin filter. What he did from there was all on him and saved me money, and did a great service for me. Once again I was ready to pay for the inspection and filter out of pocket. He stated I have a little bit of warranty left and he will handle what he can for me under that. As they cant inspect a car for issues under warranty as it looks to BMW as if they are trying to find things to fix for money.

20 minutes of go around my car the following things were done under warranty and in less than 24 hours no less. New Wipers, oil change, and cabin air filter as it was a service which is in the factory warranty. He then moved onto the Brake Fluid Flush and change as its preventive and is under warranty. New engine air filter. The seat belt hand up did not work 100% of the time, so fixed. The drivers side rear view mirror didnt go back to perfect when folded out, so replaced and recalibrated. A TPMS was giving random errors, replaced and fixed. Power outlet in the ashtray was badly corroded and didnt work, replaced. During the oil change the mechanic found a small amount of oil around the valve cover gasket, not a leak but a sheen to the gasket, so new gasket went on. Car drove straight but steering wheel wasnt dead center, so alignment rack it went, all 4 wheels and steering wheel dead center. All of that and a wash and wax, which I didnt even get a chance to do to the car. Total Bill $0.00.

All I can say is I expected to go in spend about $250 bucks to get a check up to tell me whats wrong so I can fix it, and a new filter. I picked my car up to a $0.00 due, a discount if I want anything from the accessories shop (didnt have floor mats), and a huge amount of things done to my car for free that I did not ask for.

Thank you Reeves Imports, and Thank you Ryan for the great visit.
All I can say ... Is BMW no longer counts add on lines so to speak. Now when they get their yearly audit ... I wouldn't want that repair the pulled ... Smokin tickets and selling warranty ....

The services showed on the key ,,,, easily done as CBS data says it .... The rest .... Well ... As a fixed director for a BMW store. I want to help the customer without blatantly breaking the rules ... Btw the alignment is a nice touch. That wasn't covered by BMW at all ... They gave you that... That's good stuff

Just my
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
Kid Red
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 40i

Their parts guy, Phil, is on the sponsor section a lot. He's a great guy, I've already purchased 1 item from him and have a full list with prices he provided (pretty much matches Tischer) and shipping is cheaper and quicker being in the same state. I can just drive over there to save on shipping on large items.

I'm happy with them too.
Sold: 2010 Sapphire Black E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #5
bernjee82
cibai kia!
United_States
Rep
Drives: el coche

ryan is a great SA, still take mine in for some stuff out of warranty.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #6
Sean@PSI
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 Sedan

Glad to hear there are still dealers on your side out there!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #7
spool twice
Rainbow Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4cs

Garage List
2019 M4cs  [0.00]
Phil the parts guy @ Reeves is who you should contact if you need parts near wholesale price
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #8
WilliamS
GoofBall
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 N54 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spool twice View Post
Phil the parts guy @ Reeves is who you should contact if you need parts near wholesale price
Good I need floormats and the tank leak check pump
Appreciate 0