E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > (ISSUE RESOLVED) Just got Scammed

Closed Thread

01-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #111
Antipathy
d00sh
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

I'm guessing the exhaust you bought just had the valve removed or permanently opened. It sounded louder, but was really just a stock exhaust.

So you got scammed out of a lot of money, and since shit rolls downhill, E90 winds up experiencing it as well. I'm sure there's some sort of official term for a scam following itself to more than one person, unintentionally.

This would explain why both sides were defending themselves vehemently, but neither side seemed suspicious, at least to me.

No idea what to do in this situation, but I think it only seems fair to refund E90 his money, he shouldn't have to pay for you being scammed. Though it would be nice, but a far fetch, the original person who sold you the fake PE should chime in too in this thread.
      01-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #112
incantana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 Z06/Z07 3LZ; 2008 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by edrive90 View Post
There are two scenarios here. One, you thought you had a PE and sold it to BEDI, but now you realize it wasn't a PE. It's pretty clear what a PE is, if you read through this thread (I didn't know what a PE was, until I read this thread).

Two, you did have a PE and sold it to him, and he has swapped it.

So given everything that's transpired, which one are you saying happened?
Im saying that, after looking through my old emails with the guy who sold it to me, it is POSSIBLE that he screwed me but I only say that because I have no concrete evidence that he didnt screw me. Which is pretty weak evidence for it not being real. I dont know this guy and I dont know what he would or would not do. What I do know is that this is a massive headache that I do not deserve.

I also know that I could start to purchase parts from members on here and them swap them out and complain that they scammed me. As long as I then try to destroy their reputation on this forum the guy might decide he is forced to refund part of my money.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #113
incantana
Captain
Rep

Because it is POSSIBLE that I was scammed and because I cannot prove 100% that I sold a PE to him, I will offer him a partial refund.

BUT all of you critics REALIZE that I may be getting absolutely bent over on this raw deal. Im not going to refund him the entrie amount because 1. HE SAW IT AND STILL BOUGHT IT....IT WAS SOLD "as-is" just like all used things usually are. 2. I still think I had a PE. I cannot prove it but I believe that it was. However, its not worth having my reputation ruined on here.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #114
NGEE
Fuck it dude, let's go bowling.
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by incantana View Post
Im saying that, after looking through my old emails with the guy who sold it to me, it is POSSIBLE that he screwed me but I only say that because I have no concrete evidence that he didnt screw me. Which is pretty weak evidence for it not being real. I dont know this guy and I dont know what he would or would not do. What I do know is that this is a massive headache that I do not deserve.

I also know that I could start to purchase parts from members on here and them swap them out and complain that they scammed me. As long as I then try to destroy their reputation on this forum the guy might decide he is forced to refund part of my money.
Simple question. The OP posted a photo of a stock muffler with chrome tips that he says you shipped him. Did you ship him that muffler thinking it was a PE, or did you ship him something different?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #115
NGEE
Rep

Quote:
Because it is POSSIBLE that I was scammed and because I cannot prove 100% that I sold a PE to him, I will offer him a partial refund.

BUT all of you critics REALIZE that I may be getting absolutely bent over on this raw deal. Im not going to refund him the entrie amount because 1. HE SAW IT AND STILL BOUGHT IT....IT WAS SOLD "as-is" just like all used things usually are. 2. I still think I had a PE. I cannot prove it but I believe that it was. However, its not worth having my reputation ruined on here.
It is clear from the original sale posts that you told BEDI that you had a PE. I do not hold BEDI accountable to recognize that what you had was a PE - he is a noob like me. The only question that remains is whether you sent BEDI the muffler in the photo at the top of this thread.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #116
incantana
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Simple question. The OP posted a photo of a stock muffler with chrome tips that he says you shipped him. Did you ship him that muffler thinking it was a PE, or did you ship him something different?
I dropped this muffler off at UPS and they packaged it so as for the packaging, I have no idea what that looks like. The muffler in the pic does look similar to what I had, but it also looks similar to the other pics of performance exhausts. I honestly cant recall the exact details of my exhaust. I didnt study it or, at the time, even think to study it because I had no reason to memorize the exact way it looked. As I said, I never took pics of it and I didnt even have it listed for sale. It was a random event that I even sold it to e90bedi.

None of this matters though as I am willing to offer a partial refund to make this go away. Ill be the one who bends over and potentially gets screwed.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #117
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
It is clear from the original sale posts that you told BEDI that you had a PE. I do not hold BEDI accountable to recognize that what you had was a PE - he is a noob like me. The only question that remains is whether you sent BEDI the muffler in the photo at the top of this thread.
exactly give the op a full refund, its the only way to right this wrong.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #118
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Yeah if the exahust in the pic is the one you shipped him than he does deserve a full refund. Yes the seller did sell the item "as is" but the item sold in this case is NOT the item that the seller claimed to sell and the buyer agreed to buy. Seller claimed to sell a PE and buyer agreed to buy a PE, the fact that the item is not a PE makes the "as is" sale invalid.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #119
incantana
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Yeah if the exahust in the pic is the one you shipped him than he does deserve a full refund. Yes the seller did sell the item "as is" but the item sold in this case is NOT the item that the seller claimed to sell and the buyer agreed to buy. Seller claimed to sell a PE and buyer agreed to buy a PE, the fact that the item is not a PE makes the "as is" sale invalid.
Thats a fair view of this situation, however, I still feel that I did in fact sell him a PE. Look at my previous post.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #120
NGEE
Rep

Quote:
I dropped this muffler off at UPS and they packaged it so as for the packaging, I have no idea what that looks like. The muffler in the pic does look similar to what I had, but it also looks similar to the other pics of performance exhausts. I honestly cant recall the exact details of my exhaust. I didnt study it or, at the time, even think to study it because I had no reason to memorize the exact way it looked. As I said, I never took pics of it and I didnt even have it listed for sale. It was a random event that I even sold it to e90bedi.

None of this matters though as I am willing to offer a refund to make this go away. Ill be the one who bends over and potentially gets screwed.
In my opinion, if you cannot state whether the OP's photo is your muffler or not (given that you thought it was a PE and it CLEARLY is not, based on information provided by others on this thread), then if you wish to maintain good standing as a seller you must refund the money and take the muffler back. I believe BEDI even offered to front the return shipping. That is more than fair. He is {almost} whole again, and you have taken responsibility for a sale gone horribly bad. You've then proven your merit, and BEDI is happy. What say you?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #121
incantana
Captain
Rep

by the way, where is e90bedi in here??? I do not have his number anymore, forgot i deleted his info.

ALso, my rep is already shot on here. Look at this thread title. As far as I know, this thread cannot be deleted.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #122
NGEE
Rep

Quote:
by the way, where is e90bedi in here???
I think he is wisely staying out of the fray. This is really your call. Either you sent him a muffler you mistakenly thought was a PE, or not.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #123
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
your rep can be redeemed depending on how this all plays out.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #124
NGEE
Rep

Quote:
by the way, where is e90bedi in here??? I do not have his number anymore.

ALso, my rep is already shot on here. Look at this thread title. As far as I know, this thread cannot be deleted.
Your rep is entirely in your hands at this point. Stake your claim one way or the other. If you made a mistake, make it right. If not, stand your ground. It's pretty simple.

EDIT - if the thread cannot be deleted, then BEDI can certainly set the record straight with the final post.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #125
incantana
Captain
Rep

e90bedi - PM me and well sort this out.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #126
incantana
Captain
Rep

It looks like e90bedi is online but he isnt responding to this thread....
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #127
NGEE
Rep

May have stepped away. You've chosen the best route - work it out directly with him so that he's happy and you get a clean resolution posted. Give him some time to respond.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #128
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 f82

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNate View Post
your rep can be redeemed depending on how this all plays out.
Nate..lets be honest here, after discussions like this you can never fully get your rep(if you had one to begin with) cleaned up
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #129
Donkey Brolic
Rep
Drives: E90 328i

You're a bigger man than me. I did not see this turning out this way and I don't think I'd refund anything at all if I thought I gave the guy a fair deal. Not to mention the whole as-is thing. Buyer is getting away with negligence at a minimum. At least this will go away now.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #130
incantana
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSRe92 View Post
Nate..lets be honest here, after discussions like this you can never fully get your rep(if you had one to begin with) cleaned up
Yeah my rep on here is shot now. Completely assassinated. And I still dont know if i really messed up!

My biggest mistake though was not taking pics. I pretty much ALWAYS take pics when I list items. I didn't even have this thing for sale so I didnt have pics ready to go. Ill never make that mistake again.

To be honest, I'll likely stop using this forum altogether once I settle this issue. Would you still want to be apart of a community where this happened to you? Where people jumped all over you using all kinds of names and accusing you of being a fraud and a scammer?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #131
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSRe92 View Post
I suppose you are right. but it does say a lot about a person in how they rectify the situation. But always in the back of peoples mind they will second guess purchasing from him.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #132
NGEE
Rep

Quote:
Yeah my rep on here is shot now. Completely assassinated. And I still dont know if i really messed up!

My biggest mistake though was not taking pics. I pretty much ALWAYS take pics when I list items. I didn't even have this thing for sale so I didnt have pics ready to go. Ill never make that mistake again. To be honest, I'll likely stop using this forum altogether. Would you still want to be apart of a community where this happened to you? Where people jumped all over you using all kinds of names and accusing you of being a fraud and a scammer?
You're evaluating a large group based on a VERY small sample. I think most people - if they ever even see this thread - will understand that there was a mis-communication and the seller made things right. I for one would have no problem doing business with you again. Think about it - happens on eBay all the time. Very few frequent sellers have a 100% unblemished record. The critical thing is how did they handle themselves?

You can leave if you feel it's right, but you've provided benefits to many members, and received benefits from them. Shame to throw all that away.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread